Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
FOR SALE : LM Coupe TINTED! Rear Window $10
Posted by: corvairdoug ()
Date: March 05, 2020 08:50AM

I have a tinted LM 2 dr REAR WINDOW for sale, Decent condition, $10. Dayton, Ohio

forsale

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 10:12AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LM Coupe Backlight $10
Posted by: pvholgado ()
Date: March 05, 2020 05:56PM

PM sent

Re: LM Coupe TINTED! Rear Window / Backlight $10
Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: March 24, 2020 09:52AM

Any idea of the year? Tint color changes from 1965 to 1969. But only important to concours people......

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 10:14AM by MattNall.

Re: FOR SALE : LM Coupe TINTED! Rear Window $10
Date: March 25, 2020 08:09AM

Unfortunately, no, I don't know what year

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: March 25, 2020 09:47AM

I have never seen a difference in the tint. I believe that this might be an interesting research project for the "Stock" group as to when the change was made.
I know that early tinted glass was marked EZEYE, and later GM changed to Soft Ray. The name change was a result of a dispute with LOF, the producer of the glass, as to who owned the rights to the EZEYE name. It was resolved with GM changing the name to Soft Ray for tinted glass used in the original installation of glass in new cars that they were building, and EZEYE being the aftermarket replacement glass. The only glass that was used on the assembly line was Soft Ray, and the only replacement glass sold was EZEYE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Re: LM Coupe TINTED! Rear Window / Backlight $10
Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: March 25, 2020 11:23AM

Frank DuVal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any idea of the year? Tint color changes from 1965 to 1969. But only important to concours people......

The date of the glass would be important to those in Factory Stock Class, too...more so than the color, since they would go hand-in-hand.

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: March 25, 2020 07:18PM

An interesting fact that came to light on some original cars. A car can have different date codes on the glass, since not all glass was shipped at the same time. An example would be that a shipment of vent glass might have a few thousand pieces in it, where as the door glass might have a lesser amount in the shipment, accounting for different date codes. On EM coupes and sedans, the door glass on is the same on both sides, so it would have the same date code. On a EM convertible, the left front door is different from the right so it might have a different date code, but the quarter glass is the same on both sides. Same with the vent glass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: doug6423 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 02:17PM

I'll take it Doug.

Doug
65 Monza
Cincy, OH

Date: March 26, 2020 02:34PM

PM sent

Date: March 26, 2020 02:49PM

sold!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.