Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WTB LM Upper Ball Joints
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 23, 2020 01:03PM

Bob!! always use Paypal! Covered up to $2k!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BobV66Vair ()
Date: March 24, 2020 10:09AM

blackspyder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont know if you are still looking for upper ball joints, just found these today on Ebay
>
>
> [www.ebay.com]

I got some that are working for me. I fear the next time I need some.

Bob Vinnacombe
Sandy, Oregon
1965 Corsa 140 stock
1966 Monza Soon to be race car
1968 Monza Parts for now

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: March 24, 2020 12:58PM

BobV66Vair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The guy who sold me the McQuay joint is terrible He sent me unusable joint and when I tried to return it, he refused. I left a bad review buy eBay does nothing to help. I went to the bank to get the payment back. I doubt I will get anything. Meanwhile, avoid movieman for parts. He sucks. I think he makes money selling junk and then refusing to take it back.

What was wrong with the ball joints?
Did you do a return through eBay? I've had great luck with that. They make them pay the shipping and if you don't get your money back they will refund it.
Ten years ago eBay was a different story. They were no help at all and neither was Paypal. I always had to use my credit card company to get the money back. I haven't tried Paypal in a long time because eBay always handles it. I probably did a couple of dozen returns last year. They sent me a paid shipping label on a couple of them and the rest they just said keep it.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 24, 2020 01:57PM

Same here! Never a problem! ebay / paypal and a local Senior Checking account for funds! Am I safe?

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: March 24, 2020 02:45PM

For now...
You will need to move some of that money around Matt. The accounts are only insured up to $250K.

Joel
Northlake, TX

Date: March 24, 2020 05:58PM

I bought some advertised as McQuay-Norris. That's what the box said but the balls were rusted. I asked to return them and the seller said no returns. I tried to get PayPal involved and they have no interest. All I got was an email saying the case was closed. Last resort, I asked the credit card company to claw back the payment. We will see.

Meanwhile I bought some from a forum member and got the car together. Not sure it will help since Portland, who own PIR, shut down all their parks. We don't know if we will be able to race on May 1st for the Rose City opener races. Other than Indy Car, it's the biggest race of the year.

Bob Vinnacombe
Sandy, Oregon
1965 Corsa 140 stock
1968 Monza Parts for now

Date: March 25, 2020 06:55AM

Next time you have an issue with an eBay item go to your purchase history and click on return item. You get a pre-paid shipping label and if the seller doesn't refund in a certain number of days you have an option there to report that and eBay will refund your money. Doesn't cost you anything.

Joel
Northlake, TX

Date: March 25, 2020 07:04AM

I did that but eBay deferred to the seller, who said no returns. I don't know what to do with this junk part.

Bob Vinnacombe
Sandy, Oregon
1965 Corsa 140 stock
1968 Monza Parts for now

Date: March 25, 2020 07:10AM

That is very strange. Maybe they like me because I spend so much money. I hear a lot of complaints from sellers because eBay will force them to take back anything.
I have done several returns that were listed "as is no returns" when they weren't as described.

Joel
Northlake, TX

Posted by: corvairsince70 ()
Date: March 27, 2020 04:52PM

I seem to be having the same issue with ball joints as BobV66Vair. I bought uppers and lowers from Clarks. They seemed tight before I installed them but I thought once they were greased they would be better. Not so. I have the front end back together and greased and they are so stiff when I jack up one side under the lower arm nothing moves. It is like I have solid suspension. The spring does not compress at all. Cannot turn from side to side pulling on the backing plates. Has anyone else had problems with Clark's ball joints?

Dennis
Nashville area
'68 Conv 140 PG '66 Monza 110 PG
'66 Corsa Conv 180 '66 Corsa 140

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: March 27, 2020 05:02PM

Because of the issues brought up here, I decided to buy mine from another source. Put first spindle on today. I can move spindle with a little difficulty, but nothing requiring brute force or pipe leverage. It just has the manufacturer's assembly grease in it right now.

In my hand, I needed a wrench to move it side to side. Not unusual in that regard.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.