Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
F/S : NOS!! DIPSTICK-CHROME (CORSA) $60 offers considered
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: February 20, 2020 06:45PM

Part #3860445 NOS with the GM tag the way that I received it. 1965 - 66 Corsa

forsale

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2020 05:22PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F/SDIPSTICK-CHROME (CORSA)
Date: February 21, 2020 10:41AM

The flash pictures didn't work out, so today I took them in natural daylight.
The chrome part of the dipstick was coated from the factory with a sticky / gummy product, that I believe was Cosmoline. I cleaned that off, and "polished" the bottom half of the dip stick with some Meguires cleaner to remove the surface rust from 40+ years of storage. The chrome is typical of GM NOS parts.
Price is $100 plus shipping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Attachments:

Date: March 22, 2020 12:34PM

$60, plus the packing and shipping.

Re: F/S : NOS!! DIPSTICK-CHROME (CORSA) $60 offers considered
Date: March 22, 2020 05:50PM

Description per the 1965 Canadian parts book

Group 1.516 Part # 3860445

Gauge Assembly, Oil Level

1 3860445* .. 1965/101-105 with HP engine with 4 carbs 107 All

* new parts initial cat.

I haven't looked, however, I believe that it rolls over to the 1966 model year also..

thanks Paul the junkman

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 23, 2020 07:54AM

Folks..just trying to keep this topic clean....

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: March 23, 2020 02:14PM

Sure you are. eye rolling smiley
And just what was "Unclean" about my post?
Clean, or unclean, it is still a fact that Corsa's were not the only Corvairs to have Chrome dip-sticks.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, '62 Monza Wagon, '63 Spyder, '65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dualy, approaching 400K
17'Terry

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 23, 2020 04:15PM

AMel... you are most likely not a perspective buyer??

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: corvairsince70 ()
Date: March 23, 2020 08:29PM

As my name states, I have been driving and working on Corvairs since 1970 and I believe the only Corvairs with a chrome oil dipstick from the factory were Spyders and Corsas.

Dennis
Nashville area
'68 Conv 140 PG - - - '66 Monza 110 PG
'66 Corsa Conv 180 - - - '66 Corsa 140

Date: March 23, 2020 09:06PM

Dennis, you are correct. I have NOS examples of both, and researched the part numbers to verify that the only engines to get chrome dipsticks were the Spyder and Corsa.

Date: March 31, 2020 11:32AM

Bump... make a reasonable offer.. thanks

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: March 31, 2020 12:08PM

I hope you sell them. Looking at the picture, I just wanted to chime in with a useful modification.

I find that drilling a very small hole, like 1/16 of an inch or smaller, in the areas around "full" and "add," as well as drilling one hole between them, makes it a lot easier to read the dipstick and know where your oil is at.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA, USA (Seriously! It's the USA out here!)
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and the San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club.
THEN:
1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow
1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW:
1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Date: March 31, 2020 02:04PM

Excellent point about the drill hole.

Re: F/S : NOS!! DIPSTICK-CHROME $60 offers considered
Date: April 05, 2020 01:50PM

Can't sell the NOS Spyder chrome dipsticks until this one is sold... Alright... I will sell these also.. Make an offer... They are down in the cellar, and if I get a reasonable offer, I will go get them and post a picture. No obligation to purchase, just show some interest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.