Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
REPORTS!! Corvair Parts Auction in NJ Feb 15 2020 smileys with beer
Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: January 13, 2020 03:26PM

The annual Corvair Parts Auction conducted by the New Jersey Association of Corvair Enthusiasts is scheduled for Saturday, February 15, 2020, indoors at Ashley’s Auto Body, 274 Hillside Avenue, Flanders, NJ.

All Corvair enthusiasts are welcome! Corvair parts and Corvair-related items are sold to the highest bidder, with a 10% commission of the sale price going to the club treasury. You may bring parts to sell, you may buy, you may do both, or you may just come to enjoy the fun.

Doors open 9:00 AM for set-up, bidding begins at 10:30 AM. Pizza lunch is included! For complete auction details click here. For Auction Lot Cards click here. For general questions, ask me! (A “snow date” of February 22 will be used if the weather is truly bad.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2020 02:10PM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvair Parts Auction in NJ Feb 15 2020
Date: January 27, 2020 03:29PM

While we never know what we're going to have to sell until the day of the auction, we do know that one of our club members has donated two Corvair engines to the club, which we will be selling as separate lots with no reserve!

One of them is a known good-running engine, and the other is known to run but has low compression in one cylinder. They're both 145-cid early model engines.

We realize that these are not the most sought-after configuration, but they will go to the highest bidder with no reserve!

Posted by: grubin ()
Date: February 07, 2020 06:44AM

Looks like the weather will be good Ill be bringing alot of new clarks LM stuff I decided not to use on my 500 A real fun and great day

Posted by: jasvair ()
Date: February 12, 2020 12:32PM

My doctor has released me to travel after my knee surgery but I wife will have to drive me to NJ. I will be bringing my usual supply of new items to sell.
John Sweet
John's Corvair parts.

Re: REPORTS!! Corvair Parts Auction in NJ Feb 15 2020 smileys with beer
Posted by: grubin ()
Date: February 15, 2020 02:54PM

Another great auction So nice to be around like minded people The club does a great job and deserve a high Thank You. Great people

Posted by: jasvair ()
Date: February 16, 2020 05:03AM

Yes the NJACE group does an excellent job on this event. It it on my list to attend every year.
John Sweet

Date: February 16, 2020 02:39PM

Our annual Corvair Parts Auction drew 52 registered bidders, and 19 sellers offering 231 lots, 185 of which were sold. The parts ranged from greasy used parts to shiny NOS parts, plus a surprisingly high number of tools and publications.

The weather was cold but sunny, allowing everyone to get there and back easily. New this year was a town-wide power outage that occurred during the event! Fortunately, Ashley’s Auto Body has big windows so light was not a problem, and the battery in the auction desk computer lasted the two-plus hours until the power came back on.

One of our attendees did a live stream of the auction on Facebook, a cool new wrinkle!

Attendees came from five states, and our thanks on behalf of the club and all the attendees go to our host, Larry Ashley, without whose generosity this event would not be possible.

The Presidents Day weekend is our “traditional” date and so we expect to do it again on February 13, 2021.

WhyImWhenIm64

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2020 02:40PM by WhenIm64.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 16, 2020 02:49PM

Great!! Where the LINK??

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: February 16, 2020 03:06PM

Where's the link? On Facebook of course! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out (It's on the NJACE FB page.)

WhyImWhenIm64

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 16, 2020 03:19PM

[www.facebook.com]

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.