Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
NOS 1963 Parts Lot on Flea Bay For Sale
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: January 12, 2020 01:19PM

This collection of NOS 1963 parts just showed up on E-Bay with a Buy it Now price of $2,760.00 including Shipping. [www.ebay.com]
Seller information ritaritt (269 ) eBay item number:133300486196

NOTE: There is only one NOS rear Grille, but I posted multiple photo's of it from the ad to show detail.

Here is a cut and paste from the ad.

These are all OEM/NOS......hard-to-find.....seldom seen, exterior trim items being sold as a package. A must-have collection of parts when building that 1963 factory-correct, original Corvair. (NOTE: the rear grill and hubcaps were also available on the 1962 model Corvair)

These are not inexpensive, but probably a better buy as a package than if bought individually. FYI......I sold 1 NOS front grill bar, like this item, on eBay auction for $504.00 less than 2years ago. Over the past 10 years I’ve sold 3 sets of the NOS wire hubcaps for a low of $1,000.00 to a high of $1,164.00. One thing I never thought I’d sell is the NOS rear grill. These are scarcer than “hen’s teeth”. I’ve seen these sell in the range of $800 - $1,300.00 over the past 3 years.

These items are all as perfect as factory can be. 1 exception......driver’s side headlight bezel has a modest “box rash” on the top edge (see picture). When mounted, this is under the fender lip, and not visible. Even if you don’t need all the pieces, you can re-sell what you don’t need to recoup some of your investment.

Included in the pricing is FREE SHIPPING within the US - 48 contiguous states. (Insured - UPS Ground)

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 01:21PM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NOS 1963 Parts Lot on Flea Bay For Sale
Posted by: wv-geo ()
Date: January 12, 2020 03:35PM

Some time ago Clark's Corvair Parts posted on the forum asking input on parts that need to be reproduced.

Maybe it's time for Clark's to reproduce the 63 front bar and rear grille.

Dan Stark
Hurricane, WV

1961 Lakewood 500, 80HP, PG
1964 Corvair 500 Coupe, 140HP, 4spd (Christine)
1965 Mustang Coupe, 6cyl, 3spd

Date: January 13, 2020 02:12PM

At the 2018 Convention in Pittsburgh PA I saw two NOS front bars for 1963's for under $200.00 each. I bought one of them and currently don't even own a '63.

There are NOS Headlight trims currently on flea bay for under $200.00 each.

As for NOS wire wheel covers, I see the market for them declining except for the purists who insist on 13 inch wheels.
With the decline in availability of decent correct size 13 inch tires, I suspect many will go with 14 inch wheels and use the 14 inch version wire wheel covers to maintain the stock appearance.

What this ad shows though, is that these items still exist.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: MonzaJPD61 ()
Date: January 13, 2020 04:56PM

Sure would like to have that rear air grille...

B'ham, AL
1961 Monza coupe 98hp, 4spd
1963 Monza coupe 102hp, pg
Vulcan Corvair Enthusiasts
[corvaircenter.com]

Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: January 13, 2020 05:51PM

Agree his prices are way over inflated. The front and rear grill are the only true items with value. I had a set of NOS mags and I was finally able to sell at $700 less than 5 years ago.

Posted by: RThompson ()
Date: January 17, 2020 06:52PM

Fully agree with FLSteve. The front grill bar and rear grille are the valuable pieces here.

The headlight bezels are reproduced and they are excellent.

The 62-3 wire wheel covers are relatively common, Maybe not NOS, but you can find some excellent used ones out there.

My estimation that Clarks will never do the 62-3 rear grill. Got to remember that these were discontinued by GM fro a couple of reasons: complicated tooling and the finished structure is easily damaged as it doesn't have lots of surface area t keep it very rigid, unlike the 64 grill which became the universal replacement for those years.

I believe GM discontinued the 62-3 grill in early 1966. So that makes them very tough to get. Thank God I have one in my stash for a future car!

Date: January 18, 2020 06:05AM

My first Corvair was a 1963 500 coupe with a PG and AM Radio as the only options I seem to recall.
At this time the only "Early" I own is my '62 95 Van but have been keeping my eye out for the right '63 coupe.
In the meantime I have been purchasing '63 related pieces when the present themselves.
I do have a "Fair" condition one that would work on a daily driver but better is always a better option if available.
With that said, I would probably pay as much as $500.00 for the rear grille just to have for someday if I might need it.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.