Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: EFI in tank fuel pump
Posted by: vairmech ()
Date: February 13, 2020 10:26AM

The quick and simple is the original sender with the pump installed there. The return line can go in the filler neck with solder! Solder is the way the tank filler adapter is held on as is the vent tube.

I do not like to add anything to the tank it's self as you are then asking for a leak, no matter how good the adapter is. The other thing you need to look at is how hard is it to install and/or remove? Just because it took you 3 hours to get the tank and lines installed doesn't mean you won't have to take it back out again, how hard do you want to work?

I have installed Ray's style of tank. It is good work but you need to study what you need to get in order for it to fit back in the hole it was designed for. I did it using -6 AN lines! It took a while and several different 90 degree adapters to get it figured out. I then brought flex lines down to the hard firewall fittings. Easy access to get to the lines and the fuel pump and level sender connector. You will need to use a sealed connector, I use the GM Metripack.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TedBrown ()
Date: February 13, 2020 04:52PM

vairmech Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The quick and simple is the original sender with the pump installed there. The return line can go in the filler neck with solder! Solder is the way the tank filler adapter is held on as is the vent tube.
>
> I do not like to add anything to the tank it's self as you are then asking for a leak, no matter how good the adapter is. The other thing you need to look at is how hard is it to install and/or remove? Just because it took you 3 hours to get the tank and lines installed doesn't mean you won't have to take it back out again, how hard do you want to work?

You are right Ken, I have proved that more than once.

Doing my best to keep it simple. Fuel Sending Unit Conversion

Ted

**NEW** Dual TBI KITS are now available through Clarks Corvair
**DIS and 4 TBI units are available through Corvair-EFI.com.

Ted Brown
Anderson, SC
[www.Corvair-EFI.com]
Brown Injection Facebook
68 Monza Convert Auto - EFI
61 Loadside - PGlide - EFI
61 Rampside - 4 speed - EFI
61 Greenbrier 4 speed - EFI
61 Greenbrier 4 Speed - Bad Motor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 04:53PM by TedBrown.

Posted by: 63turbo ()
Date: February 13, 2020 05:58PM

I used the carbureted fuel line as my return, and plumbed a new -6 line for feed.
It worked out pretty slick, although if I was going to make any changes, (and I might) it would have been to use S.S. hardline on the run down the tunnel pan instead of braided, as the S.S. is a lot smaller and much more "bulletproof", and
makes for a lot cleaner of an install.

------------------------------------

Kevin Nash
Friday Harbor Washington
63 Spyder, Daily driver, EFI read about my project here: [corvaircenter.com]
first test start on EFI here:[www.youtube.com]
first official EFI boost test here:[www.youtube.com]
My new fan! [corvaircenter.com]
engine less 62 Spyder
Canadian 64 Monza Parts car

Posted by: vairmech ()
Date: February 13, 2020 06:51PM

I used Aluminum line! I got 2 different runs in the tunnel.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.