Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
intro
Posted by: deltadave ()
Date: January 02, 2020 06:26PM

Sorry my intro was a bit vague. I’m a seventy two year old retired gas compression development engineer. All my mechanical knowledge came from my father. I’ve been involved with high performance cars most of my life, Chevy’s, Fords, Hemi Chryslers, British cars and even VW’s. Several of my builds have been in magazines and on line. My last was a Corvette powered 53 MGTD with narrowed Corvair front suspension and Corvette rear. The car is in the UK now and can be found on line as the Plumley MGTD. I purchased my Corvair a few months ago because I thought it was cool. It was completely rebuilt in 2005 and driven only 3k miles. It’s spotless underneath and doesn’t drip oil anywhere. I replaced trans mounts, shifter bushing, boots and installed a Clark’s quick shift and also rebuilt the carbs and ignition. I’m new to Corvairs so bear with me as I will most likely need info from time to time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: intro
Posted by: john.jackson ()
Date: January 02, 2020 06:32PM

Dave, sounds like a great project. Love to see more pictures and hear more about it.

Welcome to the Community.

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: January 02, 2020 06:35PM

deltadave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . . . . . . . . . . I’m new to Corvairs so bear with me as I will most likely need info from time to time.

That is what this forum is ALL ABOUT ! ! ! thumbs up
Welcome to CCF !

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, '62 Monza Wagon, '63 Spyder, '65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dualy, approaching 400K
17'Terry

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: January 02, 2020 06:41PM

That is a most impressive resume you post here delta dave. WELCOME to the wide world of Corvairs. Where are you located? Have you looked up any Corvair clubs? CORSA is our main club and many if not most on here are members. Then we have our local clubs and of course our SIGs (special interest groups). Examples of our SIGs (groups I am members of)are Corvanatics (enthusiasts of the Corvair 95 series), AirVair (air conditioned Corvairs), SCG (stock Corvair group), CPF (Corvair Preservation Foundation), and RMC (Rocky Mountain Corsa). There are others but you get the idea.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: January 02, 2020 06:54PM

You're in Good Company here... Several retired and working Engineers

For me, 30 years with Solar! 10 years Wiring then testing completed packages. Then 16 years of operation / New Product Testing / maintaining a power /peak shaving facility at the main office/plant. Final five on a new pipeline, maintaining, and fine-tuning the remote operation and monitoring. Luv'd it!

Plus it sounds like you've snagged a great "starting point"

Ask away... just remember a Vair is just another '60's GM car... even the engine is just a 230-260 Chevy inline with an extra Carb and No water pump!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: January 02, 2020 06:54PM

Welcome! With your experience I imagine we will be learning from you as much as you're learning from us! Super smart to start with a restored car. There will be no shortage of things to do and improve plus you get to enjoy the car all along the way.

Once you get the hang of posting pictures your experience here will increase 10x.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your projects.

I can't even imagine a TD with a Corvette V8!

Plumley MGTD:

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
60 Monza coupe (sold, sniff sniff)
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Attachments:
Posted by: Setterz54 ()
Date: January 03, 2020 10:39AM

Welcome to the forum delta dave! Your car sounds great! You will like it here,alot of people here that are very helpful with alot of things and corvairs.

Setterz54
Fulton,MD.

Posted by: deltadave ()
Date: January 03, 2020 11:04AM

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have a problem posting photos because my camera has too many pixels even after I reduce them. I'm using a tablet so I will give it a try. Looks like the pics loaded. I got a hub from Seth and a new wheel. Bought some 14" wire wheels and cleaned them up and mounted New tires. Will put them on after winter

Attachments:

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: January 03, 2020 04:50PM

Ah a 64 Monza with A/C. Nice combination and rare. I believe A/C Corvairs made up 3% of all Corvairs made.

Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: January 04, 2020 01:46PM

Timothy Shortle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah a 64 Monza with A/C. Nice combination and rare. I believe A/C Corvairs made up 3% of all Corvairs made.

And a 4spd nice!!

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: January 05, 2020 03:31PM

Welcome Welcome. Cool Teardrop also!

Corventure Dave

Posted by: jcorvair ()
Date: January 06, 2020 08:15AM

And at least one engineer who wishes he was retired. Welcome.

James
West Kelowna, BC

1965 Corvair, Corsa, Convertible 180/4 - Artesian Turquoise w/ white interior
1966 Corvair Corsa Coupe, 140/4 - Aztec Bronze w/ black interior
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Turbo
2016 Dodge 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 (for hauling cars, trailers, fifth wheels, quads, etc.)
2013 Victory Car Hauler (enclosed)
2019 Express Car Hauler (Aluminum, Enclosed)
2015 Polaris 570 EPS
2016 Polaris 570 SP
2017 Corvette Z06 Convertible

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.