Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Would you be interested in a LARGE round Neon CORVAIR SUPER SERVICE sign for your Garage/Cave?
Posted by: rv6aaviator ()
Date: January 05, 2020 07:25PM

I'd would order one or two!

Jeff Sandor
Pres Cincinnati Corvair Club
62 Convertible
62 Monza 900 More Door
63 Spyder Convertible
64 Spyder Convertible
66 Corsa 140 Coupe
66 Coupe Aztec Bronze 110/Auto

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would you be interested in a LARGE round Neon CORVAIR SUPER SERVICE sign for your Garage/Cave?
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: January 05, 2020 08:35PM

If you can make a 4 foot by 4 foot sign, why not a 2 x 2, 1 x 1, and even 6in x 6in? Those are ones that just about every Corvair Enthusiast could afford to buy directly, and in their own way they would generate interest in the bigger model, thus increasing interest in the museum, and so on. The raffle might sell more tickets if people feel like they can't lose--knowing that if they don't get the big one they can always buy their own smaller version. I know that describes me.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA, USA (Seriously! It's the USA out here!)
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and the San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club.
THEN:
1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow
1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW:
1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: Rcavictor ()
Date: January 06, 2020 04:14AM

"If you can make a 4 foot by 4 foot sign, why not a 2 x 2, 1 x 1, and even 6in x 6in? Those are ones that just about every Corvair Enthusiast could afford to buy directly, and in their own way they would generate interest in the bigger model, thus increasing interest in the museum, and so on."

Agree with Playerpage - I would be interested. But MORE interested in smaller due to space constraints

Rob
St Pete FL

'66 Monza Coupe, Regal Red
'64 Monza convertible 4spd w/'66 180hp turbo, Daytona Blue
'62 Greenbrier 8-door, 'very patinaed' Crystal Turquoise Blue

Posted by: Curtis ()
Date: January 10, 2020 09:00AM

Would be interested to know how this would hold up to -0 temps. Typically in my area we get a two week span of -0 temps that reach as low as -30. It these should only be used in climate controlled environments, you might want to make that clear to prospective buyers.

Curtis

64 Spyder Convertible
Milwaukee, Wi

Former Corvairs
62 Monza 900 Coupe (102/4)
64 Monza 900 Covertible (110/PG)
65 Monza Coupe (110/PG)
66 Monza Coupe (110/PG)
66 Monza Sedan (110/PG)

Posted by: chrisverble ()
Date: January 10, 2020 10:56AM

Curtis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would be interested to know how this would hold up to -0 temps. Typically in my area we get a two week span of -0 temps that reach as low as -30. It these should only be used in climate controlled environments, you might want to make that clear to prospective buyers.

Neon is pretty durable.

Nashville, TN
1961 Rampside

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.