Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Would you be interested in a LARGE round Neon CORVAIR SUPER SERVICE sign for your Garage/Cave?
Date: January 01, 2020 07:55AM

Corvair Preservation Foundation - Corvair Museum is considering making a custom sign like this:

at about 4 feet wide - Genuine Neon with modern electronic ballast. above is a digital 'shopped version I created.

This would be a full real sheetmetal and glass custom sign based on the design of the Dealership CHEVROLET SUPER SERVICE style signs.

This would not be cheap, it will be a quality product that will support the Corvair Museum.

Would you be interested?

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would you be interested in a LARGE round Neon CORVAIR SUPER SERVICE sign for your Garage/Cave?
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:30AM

Don't like saying yes before we know at least a ballpark price...but yes.

Re: Would you be interested in a LARGE round Neon CORVAIR SUPER SERVICE sign for your Garage/Cave?
Posted by: toms73novass ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:56AM

Phil Dally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't like saying yes before we know at least a ballpark price...but yes.

me 2

-Tom

63' Monza Spyder Convertable (in process) MY Build Thread
65' Monza MY Build Thread
73' NovaSS 454 Big block (Sold)
86' BMW 325es
98' VW Jetta TDI, for daughter
01' Audi Allroad Stage 3 twin turbo

NFCC
Grand Island, NY

Date: January 01, 2020 10:33AM

We are NOT going to China - these will be made in the U.S.A.

We want Corvair Enthusiasts to have a high quality showpiece that will also make some money to keep our Corvair Museum open.

Still working on getting price quotes to have these made hopefully in the MidWest so we can show them at the Corvair Museum on Historic Route 66 (10041 Palm Road, Glenarm, IL)

I'm thinking in the $1500-$1800 range - for a HUGE 4 Foot showpiece.

Small, Cheap Chinese stuff without a CORVAIR brand is not for us.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: January 01, 2020 11:12AM

Just an idea.

CPF & CM might want to look into making 2 signs.
One large and one half the size.

Then raffle them off. First place gets the large and second draw gets the smaller one.

It would more than liking get more people willing to fork over fifty to one hundred dollars per ticket for a chance to win and a great cause! Than to find a number of people who could and would be willing to buy a sign.
Profits for CPF & CM would also be much better that way.

Make it so the raffle does not happen until ALL tickets have been sold.
Halfway through the sale of the tickets the signs can be ordered/made, using the funds from the ticket sales and not CPF..

I say the above because I would like to have one.
However, I've wanted and need my garage first, to be able to buy more parts for my project and I would give $100 vs bot being able to buy a sign on my own and still have moneies needed for what I must have, i.e. my garage.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 11:22AM by OttawaCorvairGuy.

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: January 01, 2020 01:01PM

Absolutely support Made in USA!!

Both of Tony's ideas are good.

Smaller version and/or a raffle.

Not to late for a drawing in SD.

Date: January 01, 2020 01:22PM

If CPF does go ahead with a raffle, count me in for a $100 or two $50 chances; for the cause and to have a 2 in 100 or even a 2 in 200 chance of winning one of the signs.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 01:31PM by OttawaCorvairGuy.

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: January 01, 2020 02:47PM

I’d be interested. *Not* in a raffle. Direct purchase.

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: January 01, 2020 04:01PM

Why not BOTH ? ! ? ! confused smiley
Take orders from those that definitely want/can afford one,
and then order one more than the number of orders, for the sole purpose of a Poor Boy Raffle.
You fill two separate niches, and maximize income. thumbs up

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, '62 Monza Wagon, '63 Spyder, '65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dualy, approaching 400K
17'Terry

Posted by: Ratt643 ()
Date: January 01, 2020 05:45PM

For those looking at buying outright, curious as to what the shipping would be.

1964 Monza Coupe
1965 Corsa 140
1967 Monza Coupe

Maryville, TN
U.S. 129 The"Tail Of The Dragon"

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: January 01, 2020 06:11PM

Ratt643 Wrote:
> For those looking at buying outright, curious as to what the shipping would be.

Someone who has enough "Disposable Income" to afford an unneeded, but altogether beautiful piece of $1500-$1800 Garage Art, can afford the shipping whatever it is! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Now, how the winners of a Poor Boy Raffle plan to get their winnings home is an entirely different story ! ! ! hot smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, '62 Monza Wagon, '63 Spyder, '65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dualy, approaching 400K
17'Terry

Date: January 01, 2020 06:40PM

American Mel Wrote:
> Ratt643 Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > For those looking at buying outright, curious as to what the shipping would be.
>
>
> Someone who has enough "Disposable Income" to afford an unneeded, but altogether beautiful piece of $1500-$1800 Garage Art, can afford the shipping whatever it is! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> Now, how the winners of a Poor Boy Raffle plan to get their winnings home is an entirely different story ! ! ! hot smiley

Maybe shipping could also be part of the raffle and another way to justify selling even more tickets.

Or if the winner is not able to ship it - they could always sell it. Grin

I for one, could afford to buy a sign or two. But I would rather spend that much funds on something that will keep on giving.
One sign would be about ten post, 22 feet long, for my pole barn.

Date: January 01, 2020 07:03PM

Ratt643 Wrote:
> For those looking at buying outright, curious as to what the shipping would be.

Thank you Richard for the On Topic inquiry. smoking smiley Once we get the specifications regarding the weight, shipping container size, etc we will be able check on shipping options.

This post is to gauge interest among those interested in buying these unique neon signs from the CPF to help support the Corvair Museum.

We would need this preliminary number to be able to get a quote from the U.S.A. shop that would be building them. We will also check on the direct to customer shipping option.

We would prefer you come to the Corvair Museum in your Rampside and we will load it up for you! smoking smiley You'll even get free admission thumbs up

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: January 02, 2020 02:32AM

I like the look of it. Old school. Though I would like to get one, I don't see a $4000 expenditure for wall art at this point in my life. $2000 for sign and $2000 for a gift for Donna.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: billh1963 ()
Date: January 02, 2020 06:16AM

Yes....I would buy one at a price NTE $1500 assuming excellent build and component quality.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
1964 Monza Coupe Bahama Green
1965 Monza 140 Corvette Yellow metal flake (Canadian Corsa Clone)
1965 Corsa 140 Mist Blue (WRN)
1965 Corsa 140 Mist Blue (LOS)
1965 Corsa 140 Crocus Yellow
1966 Corsa 140 Marina Blue project
1966 Corsa 140 Convertible Ermine White Project
1966 Monza 140 Convertible Lemonwood Yellow Project
1969 Monza 110-PG Dover White
Right in the middle of South Carolina

Posted by: rv6aaviator ()
Date: January 02, 2020 09:13PM

I'm in for one!

Jeff Sandor
Pres Cincinnati Corvair Club
62 Convertible
62 Monza 900 More Door
63 Spyder Convertible
64 Spyder Convertible
66 Corsa 140 Coupe
66 Coupe Aztec Bronze 110/Auto

Date: January 02, 2020 11:33PM

Thanks, guys!! This is Vairy Encouraging!!

We will be discussing this on our next conference call on Jan 7th.

...Who else would be a likely buyer?

Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: January 03, 2020 08:57PM

I am interested, Dan - Seth Emerson

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Posted by: NapaVair ()
Date: January 05, 2020 12:53PM

Yes I’m interested too. Always wanted a quality Corvair sign in the garage.

Eric
Napa, CA

1961 Lakewood
1963 Monza Cvt.
1964 Spyder Cpe.
1964 Spyder Sprint Cvt.
1966 Corsa 140 Cvt.
1973 Lotus Europa TC Special
1978 Porsche 911 SC Targa

Posted by: doug6423 ()
Date: January 05, 2020 01:27PM

Just a suggestion...

Something to consider for a fund raiser would be what my dad's local automotive association did to raise funds. They would sell 300 tickets for $100 a piece. Grand prize was $10k and then 4 other top prizes. They banked 15k and gave away 15k. They wanted something simple.

They sold out every year when they did it. I bought a ticket every year. A 1 in 300 odds for 10k! Sadly, I never won any the prizes and dad even sold the winning ticket one year to one of his friends.

Not sure what the car raffle brings in but throwing it out for something to consider. I would definitely buy as long as it's a limited number of tickets.

Doug
65 Monza
Cincy, OH

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.