Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
SOLD!! Turbo buzzers
Posted by: firevair66 ()
Date: November 26, 2019 06:17AM

I have 3 for $100 shipped to lower 48

John Shoemaker,Riegelsville,PA.
1958 Impala Sport Cp. 348 ,pg/ac
61 Rampside full custom show truck
65 Monza 110/4 vert driver
65 Full Custom Monza 140 Cp
66 Monza 110/PG Vert
66 Corsa FITCH SPRINT Documented ( in Process,recondition)
66 CorV8 350 "firevair"Custom Show

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2019 06:57AM by MattNall.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F/Sale Turbo buzzers
Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: November 26, 2019 09:31AM

Unclear. Is that $100 for all three, or $100 apiece? Do you have any wiring I could use to plug into a Monza? Scott

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: November 26, 2019 09:40AM

scottymac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unclear. Is that $100 for all three, or $100 apiece? Do you have any wiring I could use to plug into a Monza? Scott

You may know this, but the Corsa wiring separated the over temp and oil pressure wiring all the way to the fuse box harness and then used a diode before the warning light. This was done so the buzzer ONLY sounds when the over temp switch closes.

With the Monza harness if you hook the buzzer up to the warning lamp wire EVERY time you turn the key to "ON" while starting the buzzer will sound until the oil pressure switch opens (light goes out). Really annoying and why GM spent the money on extra wiring and the diode on the Corsa.

Date: November 26, 2019 09:43AM

$ 100.00 for all 3 believe it or not
Thanks
John

John Shoemaker,Riegelsville,PA.
1958 Impala Sport Cp. 348 ,pg/ac
61 Rampside full custom show truck
65 Monza 110/4 vert driver
65 Full Custom Monza 140 Cp
66 Monza 110/PG Vert
66 Corsa FITCH SPRINT Documented ( in Process,recondition)
66 CorV8 350 "firevair"Custom Show

Posted by: larry202br ()
Date: November 26, 2019 09:49AM

66vairman Wrote:
> scottymac Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Unclear. Is that $100 for all three, or $100 apiece? Do you have any wiring I could use to plug into a Monza? Scott
>
> You may know this, but the Corsa wiring separated the over temp and oil pressure wiring all the way to the fuse box harness and then used a diode before the warning light. This was done so the buzzer ONLY sounds when the over temp switch closes.
>
> With the Monza harness if you hook the buzzer up to the warning lamp wire EVERY time you turn the key to "ON" while starting the buzzer will sound until the oil pressure switch opens (light goes out). Really annoying and why GM spent the money on extra wiring and the diode on the Corsa.

But, you'll know the sensor and the buzzer still function! Kinda like the idiot lights on the dash.

1961 rampside with a 65 / 67 110 engine, car four speed.
1965 convertible
1966 Custom two door/four door 180 Turbo.

KC0SKX
Olathe, ks
HACOA

Date: November 26, 2019 10:07AM

firevair66 Wrote:
> I have 3 for $100 shipped to lower 48 forsale

One on the Left is a Horn Relay.

Have the buzzers been tested?

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Date: November 26, 2019 10:22AM

Thanks, They were taged working 62-66, I wondered why the mount was diff. Thavks for the info
John

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 26, 2019 11:03AM

Were the buzzers in the Corsas only on turbo cars and not on the 140s?

Date: November 26, 2019 11:11AM

Timothy Shortle Wrote:
> Were the buzzers in the Corsas only on turbo cars and not on the 140s?

Correct - Turbo only - both Spyder & Corsa. Wiring existed for the buzzer on all Corsa models, but only the Turbo had them installed

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: 2ragtops ()
Date: November 26, 2019 11:37AM

I have a few in my stash, if I remember correctly, the buzzer is marked with a 9XXXX

Bob Bauer

Show-Me Corvairs

1966 Monza Convert 140 P/G with A/C, plastic wheel with tele-column am-fm posi-traction
1966 Corsa Convert 180 wood wheel tele-column am-fm sport steering posi-traction
1965 Corsa Coupe Crown V8 temporarily red lined for repair
House Springs, Missouri

Date: November 26, 2019 01:22PM

2ragtops Wrote:
> I have a few in my stash, if I remember correctly, the buzzer is marked with a 9XXXX

Right the # is 952-12V, Since I only have 2 I will sell Both for $70 Shipped

Thanks
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2019 01:23PM by firevair66.

Posted by: DOUG WARD ()
Date: November 26, 2019 08:34PM

This is interesting. As I sorted out the wiring on my 65 Corsa turbo 180, The buzzer didn't work. As I continued, it turned out that the buzzer goes on when the ign. switch is turned on & off as soon as oil pressure comes up. I thought all was good till I saw this post " This was done so the buzzer ONLY sounds when the over temp switch closes."
This is the 1st I have heard of it's functioning only on the over temp occurrence. Can anyone post the wiring diagram for this ? I like the loss of oil pressure warning but it is annoying that it goes on when just the ign. switch is turned on.
Doug Ward

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 26, 2019 08:55PM

There's a diode missing or is installed backwards

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: November 26, 2019 09:23PM

Page 12-19 of the 1965 shop manual.

It is real annoying, the buzzer on ignition on, engine off. When I first bought my 64 Spyder back in 76, it was wired this way. But, not miswired under the dash, just the two wires from the rear of the engine to the engine harness were swapped. The oil pressure switch wire was plugged into where the temperature snap switch was to be plugged in and vice versa. Just unplugged the connectors and swapped places.winking smiley

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Date: November 26, 2019 09:25PM

Matt, Can you tell me where the diode is located ? or what is it that you say is wired backwards ? The buzzer ? In the picture of the buzzers that are for sale, it appears that they all accept a "prewired " plug. Are you saying that the wires in the plug have been re arranged ? ( therefore wired backwards )
Doug Ward

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: November 26, 2019 10:04PM

DOUG WARD Wrote:
> Matt, Can you tell me where the diode is located ? or what is it that you say is wired backwards ? The buzzer ? In the picture of the buzzers that are for sale, it appears that they all accept a "prewired " plug. Are you saying that the wires in the plug have been re arranged ? ( therefore wired backwards )
> Doug Ward

Fig 47. in the 1965 Chassis Shop Manual (incorrectly labeled "Engine and Tail Lamp" is the fuse box harness. Find the "Stop Lamp Switch" and to the left is a picture of the diode and connnected wires - a box with a small triangle and bar. The diode allows power from positive to negative per the direction of the arrow, but NOT in the other direction. The location of the diode varies in the stock harnesses I've examined. Basically the assemblers were allowed some variation.

Yes some of the new aftermarket harnesses have been found with the diode in backwards. It's an easy mistake to make. You can confirm the diode orientation with an ohm meter. Diodes either fail by conducting in both directions, or go open - no conduction.

Date: November 27, 2019 02:56AM

Buzzers are sold

Re: SOLD!! Turbo buzzers
Date: November 27, 2019 12:05PM

I would like to admit to my ignorance about this buzzer topic. I had always , in the past, had early models & no turbo's. Now, I have my 1st turbo & I just never grasped that the buzzer was to warn of an over temp situation. So when I was finally able to get my buzzer to operate, it went on if the oil pressure got too low. That was / is something that I was more interested in than a hi temp warning since I was concentrating on getting my engine sorted out so I just accepted it as a good thing. I AM having an issue with falling oil pressure as the engine heats up so I think, for now, I will leave things as they are. I know that my hi temp switch and my head temp gauge are working & I monitor them a lot. Until I sort out why my oil pressure drops so much, I'll leave it as is.
I now understand how the car was designed better, thanks to you guys chiming in & continue to help me with this special turbo Corsa .

Posted by: CorvairHaven ()
Date: November 27, 2019 12:13PM

DOUG WARD
...I now understand how the car was designed better, thanks to you guys chiming in & continue to help me with this special turbo Corsa.

That's punny.

Re: SOLD!! Turbo buzzers
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: November 28, 2019 11:10PM

Just going to chime in and say that I would love to get my hands on some of those buzzers if anyone else has them.

Are there a aftermarket options?

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA
Member: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club
THEN: 1965 Monza 110 Canary Yellow
1967 Monza 140 Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"It would not have helped if I had [taken notes], as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

------

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.