Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
For Sale: 14" Wire Wheel Covers
Posted by: Freeman ()
Date: November 24, 2019 06:46PM

I picked up a set of 14" wire wheel covers that appear to have never been used on a vehicle. There are no dents anywhere but they are not perfect. They have light scratches around the rims and a couple of the spinners are showing signs of pitting. There is also some light surface rust showing on the inside rivets. I have done nothing but wipe them down with a soft cloth for the pictures.

Over all, they are in very good condition. I went to see these in the hopes that they were 13" to be used on my car but quickly realized they were 14's. However, against my better judgement I still could leave without them just in case one of my friends might be interested. My understanding is that these are for 62-63 Impala's but will work on an FC.

I am asking $150 for the covers plus shipping which I estimate to be just under $60 with insurance. My asking price is my investment and is firm. Of course I would be interested in a trade for a set of comparable condition 13's.

Rather than post pictures here, I am including a link to large detailed pictures so that you can better judge the condition.

Please PM with any questions or if you wish to purchase.

forsale

Link to Photos

Freeman
Rowlett, TX
62 Monza "AirVair"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2019 06:48PM by Freeman.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Sale: 14" Wire Wheel Covers
Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: November 26, 2019 07:19PM

Just asking, but did you actually try to mount them. The overlap of rim the wheel is a lot larger than standard full size covers. What else were these used on, anything but a corvair and they are probably worth more $$$

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Date: November 26, 2019 10:50PM

jjohnsonjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just asking, but did you actually try to mount them. The overlap of rim the wheel is a lot larger than standard full size covers. What else were these used on, anything but a corvair and they are probably worth more $$$

Thanks for asking (and for the free bump) but even though I didn’t try to mount them, I did compare the measurements at the mounting points of these to one of my spare 13” Monza wheel covers and the wires are definitely larger. I also recently read an old post that Rick Loving posted the following description on how to tell the difference between 13” and 14” 2 bar wire wheel covers:

“As a multi-make swap meet junkie, you get good at spotting the differences between various make/models parts.

For me, they way to tell the 13" vs 14" wire cap in the 62-63 2 bar spinner is where the value stem hole is located. On the 13" the valve stem hole is a half circle "crescent" cut out of the outer ring. On the 14" wire cap, the valve stem hole is an actual "HOLE" in the ring.

Rick Loving”

The ones I have are the 14” style and as I understand it, they came out in late 62 as dealer installed accessories for the 63 Impala’s and were also often sold to 63 FC buyers.

I realize that they are probably worth more money to the Impala crowd but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to offer them (at no profit) to my Corvair friend’s first. If nobody here wants them, I will move on to the Impala folks and see how much they are worth to them. smiling smiley

Freeman
Rowlett, TX
62 Monza "AirVair"

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: November 27, 2019 05:14AM

Understood, I'm running 14" 3 prong myself.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: November 27, 2019 07:52AM

The 13" two bar spinner wire covers that look like those do not have the heavy Black rim with the mounting tangs. The 13" are all stainless steel and lighter.

I actually like the 2 bar Early style look for FC's over the 3 bar. For me the FC body style fits the earlier look covers and the 3 bar covers look to modern, even if the FC is a 64 or 65.

Just my choice.

Corventur Dave

Attachments:

Date: November 28, 2019 09:37PM

Couldn’t agree more. The 3 bar spinners look great on LM cars and the 2 bars are right at home on EM’s and FC’s.

Freeman
Rowlett, TX
62 Monza "AirVair"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.