Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
They say "Timing is Everything"
Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: November 07, 2019 06:32AM

I worked like a dog yesterday and got 2 days worth of work done by 6pm..

I did more little projects in between the following:

1. I moved 3 maybe 4 piles (I was not counting at the time) as I moved the piles of brush from along side of the barn to the burn pile before getting stuck and my neighbor was kind enough to pull me out. So I stopped that. Grin

2. I jumped started my riding mower and cut some grass near the burn pile to make it easier for me to work.

3. I tried and tired jump starting the Diesel. But in the end I had to push it out of the away of the homemade trailer, so I could get my F150 hooked up to the trailer.

4. I put the homemade trailer with the large garage doors behind the barn first.

5. I aired up the tires and move UV362 as far as I could get it.
First I tried using my riding mower. But I could not get any traction.
So I switched to using my F150. That is when I lost the rear brakes on my F150. Later that day I found out that it was the long brake line that runs up and over the center part of the differential that broke. But I kept using the truck to get the job done.

6. I jump started UV520, let it run a while, and then drove it and parked it behind UV362.

7. I then hooked up the new trailer with UV548 on it and put it behind UV520, even though I only had front brakes on my F150. That was a little touch and go. But I had to get this all done.

8. I tried and tired again to jump start the Diesel. No luck!!
So I pulled it back up near the barn using the F150 and put a battery charger on the Diesel.
Still no luck getting it to start.

9. So I plugged in the block heater and went inside to unwind. I ended up watching a movie and finally eating something for the day. Grin

10. Last but not least. I went back out in the dark and move the F150 in front of the Diesel and tired to jump start it once more, but with the block heater still connected.

11. She fired up and I let it run a while. Then I drove it up and down the road a couple of times, before I parked it behind the new trailer with UV548 on it.

Why did I do all this?

I woke up to this, this morning. GRIN

BTW - You can see the large piles of brush just behind the satellite dish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 06:33AM by OttawaCorvairGuy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: They say "Timing is Everything"
Date: November 07, 2019 07:04AM

One of the smaller task I also did yesterday, was to find a working starter on one of my snow blowers that I have for spare parts..

And I did.. That saved me $154 big ones. Grin
Now I have to remove it and put it on the used snow blower that I purchased a couple of days ago from my neighbor (over at the house) for $100.

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: November 07, 2019 07:39AM

Well... You know instead you could have spent the day watching TV and eating Bon-Bon's and Pop Tarts!grinning smiley

Great timing!thumbs up I remember back when I lived in snow country. Have to be prepared.

smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Date: November 07, 2019 07:41AM

corventure Dave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well... You know instead you could have spent the day watching TV and eating Bon-Bon's and Pop Tarts!grinning smiley
>
> Great timing!thumbs up I remember back when I lived in snow country. Have to be prepared.
>
> smileys with beer
>
> Corventure Dave

Heck NO on the Bon-Bons… But I still like having Pop Tarts..

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 07:41AM by OttawaCorvairGuy.

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: November 07, 2019 12:19PM

If you run out of Pop Tarts you can always smear some frosting on cardboard and leave it out a few days to crust up.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, Lost count at 100 Corvairs...

Date: November 07, 2019 12:36PM

I made a note Joel, that you don't like Pop Tarts... Grin
So I wouldn't accidentally invite you to a Pop Tart party.. LOL

Date: November 07, 2019 01:55PM

Maybe I like cardboard...or you do.

Joel
Northlake, TX

Posted by: FL103Dave ()
Date: November 07, 2019 06:26PM

And I'm in opposite time. I have been preparing to pull my engine and replace the clutch but keep putting it off because it is still 92 everyday here in SW Florida. Supposed to break next week to low 80's for a high. Good wrenching weather!

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: November 07, 2019 06:41PM

TL;DR

I sat around and ate tacos

Date: November 07, 2019 07:02PM

Mid to low 40s all day here. Worked inside on getting all the head rebuilding equipment arranged and wired.

Joel
Northlake, TX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 07:03PM by joelsplace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.