Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair FC Engines (and Transaxle) Available at Hershey
Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: October 02, 2019 03:35PM

Again this year I’ll be a vendor at the big AACA Fall Meet at Hershey, Pennsylvania, and among other things I’ll have three FC engines available (plus a transaxle). They are:

==> A 164-cid 110-HP 1964 FC engine, block code TO6IOWB. This is the original engine from a 1964 Greenbrier. The specific history of this engine is not known. The engine turns freely but should probably be considered only as a candidate for rebuilding. $450.

==> A 145-cid 102-HP 1963 FC engine, block code TO222VD. This is the original engine from my 1963 Rampside. This engine has low compression in one cylinder and the rest are good. Although this engine was running and driving before it was removed from the truck, it should be considered only as a candidate for rebuilding. $250.

==> A 145-cid 80-HP 1963 FC engine, block code TOIO8V. This is a disassembled collection of freshly-refurbished parts from a very low-mileage 1963 FC engine. It was taken apart so that the crankcase could be modified and used for a 164-cid FC engine. The heads have been soda-blasted, two worn valve guides have been replaced, valve job was done including two new valves, and the pistons and the cylinders have been cleaned. These parts are ready for assembly with your crankcase. $475.

==> A 1964 FC Powerglide transaxle, 3.55:1 final drive ratio, case code HS 05 22. Originally from a 1964 Greenbrier, this is a correct 1964 R-10 Powerglide with the factory provision for the stock remote transmission oil cooler. The specific history of this transaxle is not known but the gear lube and the ATF are clean. $175.

Come visit me and my friends under our canopy on the Chocolate Field at Hershey, spaces CC 72-73-74, on Wednesday and Thursday, October 9 and 10.

Attachments:

Re: Corvair FC Engines (and Transaxle) Available at Hershey
Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: October 08, 2019 12:15PM

I first went to Hershey in 1970, but I won’t be going this year. My truck’s all loaded, the hotel reservations were in place...

Then my wife was diagnosed with a case of pneumonia, and I have joined her with what, so far, is just a cold.

It is not to be this year. Rats!

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley. –Robert Burns

WhyImWhenIm64

Re: Corvair FC Engines (and Transaxle) Available at Hershey
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: October 08, 2019 12:16PM

Get well soon!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.