Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Thinking About Selling My '68
Posted by: 48kb1panel ()
Date: October 04, 2019 09:10PM

Hi. Schneider how are you doing good I hope. I've been reading your posts on your selling your beautiful car. Are you still thinking of doing that if so would you pm me I would be very interested to see if we could work out something.thank you

My name is Mike Worrell living in southern Iowa my vairs are a 64 2dr convertible monza 900 with 110 motor 4 speed light yellow with blk interior. Then a few months ago I got a 65 2 Dr convertible monza 900 with 110 motor 4 speed
Also light yellow with blk interior. Not sure what gear ratio as of now I'll have a look and up date. I really like them both but really liking the 65. They really made a lot of changes in a 1 year difference ????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: October 04, 2019 10:06PM

I sent him a message wanting to buy a week ago so I should be way ahead of you on the list.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, Lost count at 100 Corvairs...

Posted by: clw ()
Date: October 05, 2019 01:52AM

Line, what line?

I, too, sent a PM.

You guys already have a bunch of Corvairs, can't I have just one?smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 02:00AM by clw.

Date: October 08, 2019 05:26AM

I don't have a nice '68.

Joel
Northlake, TX

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: October 08, 2019 08:24AM

I also don't have a nice 68 (which is why I sent him a PM when this first was posted). So I am PROBABLY first in line. I suggest keep it, get it running properly, and enjoy!

Date: October 08, 2019 04:09PM

I sent mine on the 25th as soon as he posted the price. You may have beat me to it.

Joel
Northlake, TX

Posted by: Gregory_Miller ()
Date: October 09, 2019 12:01PM

Regan has done work for me, you are in good hands.

Greg Miller
Eugene, Oregon

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: October 09, 2019 12:27PM

Last year, I was ready to push my whole 66 Coupe off the cliff. I even made that the title of one of my threads on it. This weekend I'm going to do restoration of the door weather stripping and I will be listening to music and whistling while I do it.

You can get through this. Keep the car.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA
Member: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club
THEN: 1965 Monza 110 Canary Yellow
1967 Monza 140 Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"It would not have helped if I had [taken notes], as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

------

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: October 09, 2019 01:28PM

In one on his posts he states, "my wife, while understanding, isn't a huge fan and really has no interest in riding in it.". That dooms his future with car. As it is said "If MAMA isn't happy, no one is happy.

I wish him the best and hope he gets at least $10k for it.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: cschneider53 ()
Date: October 09, 2019 02:02PM

Thanks everyone. I went to the Portland meeting last week and had a nice time chatting with everyone. As it stands now, I'm going to find some time after tax season is over and get this thing running again. Good news is that I was able to get the garage cleaned and the car moved so my wife has her car back in the garage.

Date: October 09, 2019 02:25PM

Good news. I hope your wife is happy with your efforts so far. Maybe seeing it running great might help. Donna loves ours, but can't wait for the 68 Camaro to be finished. She knows the More Door is a fill in car until Camaro is done, and I get busy on the coupe.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: October 09, 2019 03:36PM

Lane66m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In one on his posts he states, "my wife, while understanding, isn't a huge fan and really has no interest in riding in it.". That dooms his future with car. As it is said "If MAMA isn't happy, no one is happy.
>
> I wish him the best and hope he gets at least $10k for it.

Al, I like you, but I have to disagree with your thinking on this one.
Unless she is just trying to be a ahem, Witch, then having "no interest in riding in it", is just her preference.
My wife is not a fan of the Vert (When the top is down, it messes up her luxurious long red hair), but she does not push me to get rid of it. It is just not her thing. I understand that, and she understands that I am not into "Crafting & Scrap-Booking". My wife does not expect me to get excited and sit beside her watching everything she does while playing with her Hobby, and I do not expect my wife to get excited watching me play with my cars. We still love each other at the end of the day.

Only a few TRULY exception women like Donna exist, and guys like you are Blessed to have them.thumbs up

I wholeheartedly encourage the keeping off the '68.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza - Sale pending
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, '62 Monza Wagon, '63 Spyder, '65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dualy, approaching 400K
17'Terry

Date: October 09, 2019 03:52PM

Yes, Mel, I am very lucky to have Donna and here down home attitude. Unfortunately I have been in relationship where the other party had no interestin my hobby but I had to be very interested in hers. It makes for a tense unfulfilled attitude on the part of one, where the other is happy. So the hobby goes away begrudgingly and finally separation of the parties do happen due to resentment or the unhappiness that will become present. Either both have to enjoy the hobby together or both have separate hobbies and do their own thing with no help from the other. Understand some people may thing the hobby is feminine but actually there is a lot of interesting factors that may keep the opposite sex involved. I may not like the process but I like the art of the finished products that amateurs do with needlepoint and embroidery. My grandmother was proficient at those arts. They are lost today. Off my soap box now.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.