Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Fitch Sprint listed on Barn Finds & Richmond, Va. Craigslist
Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: September 19, 2019 11:45AM

Article said car had been listed before, so don't know what price seller has in mind; package deal with '69 Monza.

[barnfinds.com]

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fitch Sprint listed on Barn Finds & Richmond, Va. Craigslist
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: September 19, 2019 01:51PM

Both cars have been listed on the Richmond Virginia craigslist for a couple of months. [richmond.craigslist.org]

Here is a cut and paste from that ad:
" 1966 Corvair Corsa Fitch Sprint - Must Move - Best Offer (Virginia) "

"1966 Corsa Fitch Sprint. This car is a RARE find! Corsa originally from California. The car has been in storage since 1978. I planned on restoring, but just never got to it. Coupe has an original black interior and in good shape. Fitch Sprint roof and custom hand-crank sunroof. The car has rust in normal places. 4-speed manual trans and 140hp engine with 4-carb progressive linkage, and other Fitch options (engine in storage).

Also have 1969 Monza 110 coupe, automatic, bundled with purchase - originally blue with blue interior. Has rust in usual places. Must take both cars and must be towed. Local pickup only.

Separate items for sale include 180hp Turbo engine in storage with 6,000 miles since it was last rebuilt, and miscellaneous spare parts and trim.

Must move - make me an offer. Email for additional photos. SERIOUS inquiries only - must sell."

There is no phone number attached to this ad, only an e-mail link through craigslist of 3b12ed055c4c317b8a2957935f6581a6@sale.craigslist.org

The craigslist ad does have several photo's

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: Skizz ()
Date: September 20, 2019 06:12AM

Tell us what you want for it!
I hate "best offer" ads, I never respond..

64 Monza Vert
64 Spyder Vert
2002 Chev 1500
1996 Impalla SS
Eastern NC

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: September 20, 2019 11:38AM

It's not just that the car has been sitting since 1978, although it obviously shows signs of that. I have to wonder why a 1966 car would need enough restoring to park it in 1978 anyway.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA
Member: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club
THEN: 1965 Monza 110 Canary Yellow
1967 Monza 140 Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"It would not have helped if I had [taken notes], as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

------

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: September 20, 2019 02:06PM

Oh you west coast people.

I bought my 64 Spyder in 1976 here on the east coast. It already had a "restoration" done on it. That included rust repair, paint and a "rebuilt" engine. It did come with the GM boxes the new cylinder assemblies arrived in. Interior was original and looked fine. The car had even been stored in a "junkyard" for a few years prior to the "restoration". [It was Lawhorn's Used Auto Parts, the place with the Crosley on a pole as a sign.]

And everyone said what a great OLD car it was! 12 years old was a long time back then for 60s cars in daily use.

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: September 20, 2019 04:24PM

Skizz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tell us what you want for it!
> I hate "best offer" ads, I never respond..

Nobody here has it for sale.
Scottymac saw it listed in one place and I had seen it in another which is why I replied with additional information.

Like you, I generally won't take an seller seriously if they don't include a ballpark price in their ad.
I am sure I have missed out on at least one great deal, but am just as sure that I have saved a lot of time and effort by not replying as well.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Date: November 30, 2019 05:54AM

I being watch this Car for more than two years...tryed Everything to connect the Seller nothing happens,..till today.

I can't understand why some people dont reply any offers.

Posted by: PGVair ()
Date: November 30, 2019 12:53PM

Maybe I'm naïve, but I don't understand how this story made it to Barn Finds. Because its sitting beside an old barn? Or does the owner have connections with the Barn Find staff?

Wade

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.