Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O.T. RE: Upcoming California Diesel regulationsthumbs down
Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: September 06, 2019 04:35PM

A comedian once said..

"I sneezed in Califonia and got a ticket because I didn't have a permit"!
" A buddy of mine farted leaving a vegan restaurant, and went to jail for 30 days! So I pushed my diesel Volkswagon home!"

hot smiley

Corventure Dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: September 06, 2019 04:58PM

corventure Dave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A comedian once said..
>
> "I sneezed in Califonia and got a ticket because I didn't have a permit"!
> " A buddy of mine farted leaving a vegan restaurant, and went to jail for 30 days! So I pushed my diesel Volkswagon home!"
>
> hot smiley
>
> Corventure Dave
LOL

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Posted by: gnrand ()
Date: September 09, 2019 08:11AM

I am originally from NY. I use to be proud to say I live in Ca. but those days are long gone. These law makers must stay up at night to think of ways to drive business out of Ca. If they want to attack air pollution why don't they get tuff on trucks coming in from Mexico or ships docked waiting to unload products that run their diesel generators 24/7. Hey I got a great idea; why don't they put restrictions on private jets. Here is a dose of reality in Ca.: it is easier to get a needle and syringe then get a plastic straw!
Jeff

Wildomar,Ca

1965 Corsa Hard Top
!965 Corsa Convertible
1968 Monza 140 Convertible 4 speed sold
1966 435 HP Crown
1986 Buick GN

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: September 09, 2019 09:37AM

........and Now you know why I'm in the desert of Nevada near the Arizona and Utah boarders!

Lots of straws here (Though I mostly don't use them) My neighbors are many from California who all left for the same reasons.... California has gone nuts!

Marco
A 62 Monza Wagon, a 63 GB 8door, a 62 R/s and a 65 Corsa Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Date: September 09, 2019 10:26AM

Marco_a_p Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ........and Now you know why I'm in the desert of Nevada near the Arizona and Utah boarders!
>
> Lots of straws here (Though I mostly don't use them) My neighbors are many from California who all left for the same reasons.... California has gone nuts!

Yes, I need to go to a place where gas is cheap and plastic straws are plentiful. Some friends just moved to your area by way of Ca. to Utah to Mesquite. I am thinking of the Prescott area in Az.

Wildomar,Ca

1965 Corsa Hard Top
!965 Corsa Convertible
1966 435 HP Crown
1986 Buick GN

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: September 09, 2019 11:45AM

The problem with Californicators moving, is that they will then tell ALL of their old Nut-Bar friends about how great their new place is and those Crazy Californians will move there also, and bring their Crazy Political Ideals with them! eye popping smiley
And then the Insanity starts all over again in the new state! sad smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza - Sale pending
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dualy, approaching 400K
17'Terry

Date: September 09, 2019 12:33PM

I have to laugh now the homeless have move up to Malibu along Pacific Coast Highway and are camping in run down RV's. The Hollywood types are not too happy about the homeless having a better view then they have. But this is the group of compassion; after all they forgave Roman Polanski. Well I better stop, I am getting way off topic.

Jeff

Wildomar,Ca

1965 Corsa Hard Top
!965 Corsa Convertible
1966 435 HP Crown
1986 Buick GN

Date: September 09, 2019 12:40PM

So far, no nut-bars that I have encountered. Lots of folks that worked hard for what they have and dont want it taken away.

I was monitoring the exodus from Cal to Texas for a few years.
Then around the middle of last year and early this year, i started to see lots of Texas plates in Cal before I left.

Had some convos with friends and family of some of these folks that moved to Teaxas and came back. They couldn't deal with the Texas "culture"

These were the "nut-bars" you mention that had made their beds but couldnt sleep in them after the fact in Cal.

Before I had left for NV I overheard and worker at the local Ralph's market lamenting the fact that she would have to leave California when she retired because she would not be able to afford to live there on here retirement.
I told her that I too was looking to leave the state and the I found a few places that I was thinking of relocating to. When I mentioned Texas, she just about blew a gasket : "I wouldn't move there! I can't stand their politics!"
"So, you telling me that you can't live in the state that the politics you like made unaffordable? On second thought, forget everything I mentioned to you"

Marco

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Date: September 09, 2019 12:42PM

so is this a California thing, or is it Federal thing that California in just now getting caught up with?

"The Truck and Bus regulation is necessary to meet federal attainment standards."

Marco

Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: September 09, 2019 12:49PM

Probably Circular reasoning. eye rolling smiley
Cal. ups the standards in the pursuit of an EnviroMENTAL Utopia,
and then the Feds raise the national standard to meet Cal. in order that ALL vehicles are 50 state compliant. confused smiley
While Cal. may try to blame it on the Feds, they actually are the machine that drives the Feds! hot smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza - Sale pending
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dualy, approaching 400K
17'Terry

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: September 10, 2019 11:28AM

Does it make me a nut job to be a Gen X-er who likes California despite the politics?

I was born even further West (Alaska) and have been here somewhere since 1987. (SLO, Anaheim, Buena Park, Moreno Valley, Orange, Garden Grove, Los Angeles, and now Porterville.) We bought our house here in 2013 with the intent of croaking in it.

I will admit, the politics are nuts, but instead of moving out we just moved up--to Tulare County. Culturally, it's the Great Plains of California. And we can still vacation down South with in-state discounts. smiling smiley

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA
Member: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club
THEN: 1965 Monza 110 Canary Yellow
1967 Monza 140 Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"It would not have helped if I had [taken notes], as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else." -- Daniel B. Davis

------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 11:31AM by playerpage.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.