Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT. Sad day for the Land speed community sad smiley
Posted by: 48kb1panel ()
Date: November 04, 2019 09:18PM

Understandable. I'm genaraly not one to be critical itjust hit me wrong sorry. As a newbe I must behave my self I enjoy this forum and appreciate the help everyone gives I've learned lot from some good people. Thanks mike

My name is Mike Worrell living in southern Iowa my vairs are a 64 2dr convertible monza 900 with 110 motor 4 speed light yellow with blk interior. Then a few months ago I got a 65 2 Dr convertible monza 900 with 110 motor 4 speed
Also light yellow with blk interior. Not sure what gear ratio as of now I'll have a look and up date. I really like them both but really liking the 65. They really made a lot of changes in a 1 year difference ????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: November 04, 2019 09:44PM

I think it is a misunderstanding of culture that is being perceived as callousness on Phil's part.
Speed KILLS.
High speed, kills quickly!
In the world of Land Speed, every driver is facing the possibility of death each time they climb into that little time capsule.
It may be shaped like a '53 Studebaker, a LM Corvair, or yes, even an F-104 Starfighter with it's wings clipped.
What ever the shape, it is a capsule where for those few fleeting minutes, all time stops, and it is just the driver, machine, and a marker on the horizon.
Somehow, time stands still, it bends and warps, until suddenly, you burst forth on the other side of the marker.
To those watching it may have taken you minutes to arrive, but to a driver, it is a single breath, and an eternity all rolled into one.
And the entire time, to those watching, you are all alone out there speeding along in your little time capsule, but you know, yes, you KNOW with every nerve in your body that you are NOT alone.
NO, you are never alone in your little capsule, for every time you climb in there, Death is riding Shot-gun with you.
It is NOT something that you discuss with your friends.
Nor is it talked about in the Land Speed circles, but every driver knows that each run could easily be his last.
Therefore the noting the loss of a Historic Land Speed Vehicle is acknowledging the tragic loss of another HUMAN, without breaking the unwritten code of not discussing death among drivers.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, '62 Monza Wagon, '63 Spyder, '65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dualy, approaching 400K
17'Terry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2019 09:52PM by American Mel.

Posted by: mikeycee ()
Date: November 04, 2019 10:03PM

So sad for someone as vibrant and outgoing. What a waste. confused smiley

Posted by: CorvairHaven ()
Date: November 06, 2019 03:50AM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.