Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
SOLD!! : LM YH carb
Posted by: vaporloc ()
Date: August 13, 2019 02:46PM

Hi. Back in 2004 I bought a 66 corsa turbo convertible. It was running kinda ok but not good enough for me. See I was super busy working with Tennessee Thunder Motorsports. We were pro drag racing 7 Ford cars in AA/FX. I'm talking being out of town 4,5,6 days a week. I didn't have time to mess with the carburetor on the turbo car. I tore it apart and put everything in a tupperware container. I bought a rebuilt one form clarks. (works like new) I did not return the old one. I paid the core charge figuring one day I would rebuild it for a spare. The day came yesterday. Opened the tupperware container and laid all the parts out to clean and rebuild. Somehow the throttle shaft is gone?? Looked in Clark's catalog/ $35.00 plus shipping. Hell the one on there is working great. Screw it. I'm retired and don't want to mess with it anymore to just have a spare, someone somewhere needs it. FOR SALE 1966 TURBO CARBURETOR. $80.00 in my PayPal and I will mail it to you. For the most part every screw is there. No choke plastic part that heats up to open the choke, had to use it on the clarks rebuilt one. NO THROTTLE SHAFT. If I find the throttle shaft in another box of corvair part, I will mail it to the buyer. Jerry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2019 10:37AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Sale : Where's Waldo's Throttle Shaft??? LM YH carb
Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: August 13, 2019 07:13PM

Not to be picky Jerry, but do you know the rod and jet size. I know you said 66, but things get changed around.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Re: For Sale : Where's Waldo's Throttle Shaft??? LM YH carb
Posted by: vaporloc ()
Date: August 14, 2019 06:15AM

SOLD. boxed up and shipped. thank you. jerry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.