Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
LOCAL MEMORIAL CAR SHOW - AUGUST 17th IN PORTERVILLE, CA hot smiley
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: August 09, 2019 09:15AM

Hello all,

There is an unscheduled car show happening here in Porterville on August 17th, to raise money for the families of the victims of a drunk driving accident over the weekend. The Vargas' were the daughter and son-in-law of my little girl's preschool teacher, and we are all very saddened by this loss. If anyone feels they are close enough to come participate, come along and spread the word to Corvair and non-Corvair driver alike. Entry is free; those who participate are asked to donate. Whether you come to show or just see the show, please come!

Thanks,

Eric

STORY: Drunk Driver Hits And Kills Two Married Couples From Porterville

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA
Member: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club
THEN: 1965 Monza 110 Canary Yellow
1967 Monza 140 Red
1966 500 110, Black
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue.

"It would not have helped if I had [taken notes], as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .' and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else." -- Daniel B. Davis

------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2019 09:20AM by playerpage.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LOCAL MEMORIAL CAR SHOW - AUGUST 17th IN PORTERVILLE, CA hot smiley
Posted by: solo2r ()
Date: August 09, 2019 04:11PM

My Sister Lived in Springville for a few years and when driving up there from So Cal, I took the 65. Many Crosses on the sides of road is an indication how dangerous it is. RIP to this Family and the many others sad smiley

Posted by: Mike Stillwell ()
Date: August 09, 2019 06:56PM

Maximum of 16 years for killing 4 people? Ridiculous.

Mike
YS-117

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: August 15, 2019 11:10AM

The 65 is dangerous not just for its winding topography, but, in my opinion, for how the lanes are laid out. It is mostly only a two-way two-lane highway, but "dotted line" divisions that allow passing go right up to and through many blind hills and curves. Couple that with impatient commuters and lots of trucking...and you get the idea.

My wife used to drive it daily for work until they relocated her here in town. For which I am grateful.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA
Member: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club
THEN: 1965 Monza 110 Canary Yellow
1967 Monza 140 Red
1966 500 110, Black
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue.

"It would not have helped if I had [taken notes], as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .' and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else." -- Daniel B. Davis

------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.