Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
PROBLEM with MY Aluminum EM clutch pulley and a FIXhot smiley smiling bouncing smiley
Posted by: rlp11 ()
Date: July 15, 2019 02:26PM

Hi Everyone

solo2r has found a fitment issue with my Aluminum EM clutch pulley. The one behind the clutch pedal.

Problem
First picture shows the OEM pulley and how it hits the left stop tab. Inside the red circle. The second pictures shows the right side stop tab. As you can see there is a fitment problem. The pulley could stop before the clutch is at it's end movement and this would cause the cable to slide in the pulley groove. Causing extra ware and early failure of the cable.

Please check you cable and pulley to see if the pulley and the cable stop at the same time. If they do then you have no problem. But I suggest either you or I correct the pulley's shape. All new pulleys will have the corrected shape.

The Fix
Two ways to fix this. Both require you to remove the pulley.
1. Bolt the plastic pulley to the Aluminum pulley and grind the Aluminum pulley till it matches the shape of the plastic pulley.
2. Send the pulley back to me. I will fix it and return it to you. I will reimburse your shipping cost. Use a 5"x7" padded mailer, cost $4 to mail.

Any questions or comments please PM me.

Roger Parent
El Cajon, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza Project

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2019 02:27PM by rlp11.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.