Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Case for owners manual?
Posted by: Mojan_n ()
Date: July 09, 2019 07:03AM

Did the owners manual, which you place it in glovebox, originally come in a case?

1964 Corvair Monza Coupe, 110 hp, PG
Fremont, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2019 07:11AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Case for owners manual?
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: July 09, 2019 07:11AM

Plastic envelope. Clark's sells them.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: July 09, 2019 07:20AM

The original owners manual and warrantee book were usually placed in a cardboard envelope with the dealers name and address on it. I don't remember exactly when, but GM started to include a clear plastic envelope with these documents in it that the dealership could use in place of the cardboard envelope. On page 244 of the Clarks catalog, they offer the GM plastic envelope. It appears that this clear plastic envelope started in 1963 based on their application list.
The dealerships were also using their own paper envelopes that they could purchase from a GM supplier, or have printed locally. I have some of these paper envelops that I will sell if anyone is interested. I have them for both the cars that came with the 12 month 12,000 warranty, and the 24 month 24,000 warranty. These envelopes along with the warranty explanation sheet that tell what is and isn't covered by warrantee are $6.00 including shipping to the US. PM me if you would like to purchase this item. PayPal gift payment welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Attachments:

Date: July 09, 2019 07:27AM

Lane66m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Plastic envelope. Clark's sells them.

Got it thanks

[www.corvair.com]

Date: July 09, 2019 10:34AM

Any picture from the envelop?

junkman Wrote:
> The original owners manual and warrantee book were usually placed in a cardboard envelope with the dealers name and address on it. I don't remember exactly when, but GM started to include a clear plastic envelope with these documents in it that the dealership could use in place of the cardboard envelope. On page 244 of the Clarks catalog, they offer the GM plastic envelope. It appears that this clear plastic envelope started in 1963 based on their application list.
> The dealerships were also using their own paper envelopes that they could purchase from a GM supplier, or have printed locally. I have some of these paper envelops that I will sell if anyone is interested. I have them for both the cars that came with the 12 month 12,000 warranty, and the 24 month 24,000 warranty. These envelopes along with the warranty explanation sheet that tell what is and isn't covered by warrantee are $6.00 including shipping to the US. PM me if you would like to purchase this item. PayPal gift payment welcome.

1964 Corvair Monza Coupe, 110 hp, PG
Fremont, CA

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: July 09, 2019 10:53AM

This envelope came with Gem from the dealership.

It had all the booklets and Protect-O-Plate.

Owners Guide in the aforementioned plastic.

Attachments:
Date: July 09, 2019 11:22AM

Kansas ?

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: July 09, 2019 11:37AM

Davis-Child Motor Company Incorporated Hutchinson, Kansas.

Attachments:
Date: July 09, 2019 11:49AM

Nice

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: July 09, 2019 12:50PM

Mojan_n Wrote:
> Any picture from the envelop?

Picture of both sides of the envelope. Front side has the printing, the back side shows the flap open.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Attachments:

Posted by: firevair66 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 10:37AM

Cooling System Flush !!!!!drinking smiley

John Shoemaker,Riegelsville,PA.
1958 Impala Sport Cp. 348 ,pg/ac
61 Rampside full custom show truck
65 Monza 110/4 vert driver
65 Full Custom Monza 140 Cp
66 Monza 110/PG Vert
66 Corsa FITCH SPRINT Documented ( in Process,recondition)
66 CorV8 350 "firevair"Custom Show

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: July 12, 2019 10:45AM

Must spray water down into the blower fan to clean the passages. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.