Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Engine stalls. Help!
Posted by: Ben64 ()
Date: July 08, 2019 02:20PM

I have a 1964 Monza with an Automatic trans. I've noticed that fuel doesn't shoot in from the carbs when the engine isn't running. so to get it to start I pour some gas down both carbs, that gets it to start sometimes. it will either keep cranking, start and run alright, or run rough for a couple seconds then stall. When it does stall, I can hear a bubbling noise, but I can't tell where it's coming from, smoke also comes out from both of the carbs. Another problem I'm having is when it does start up and run good, when I put it in drive, the engine starts to shake and it idles down alot then stalls. Sorry if that's hard to read, I'm not very good at explaining things. confused smiley

-Ben

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Engine stalls. Help!
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: July 08, 2019 04:18PM

Time to rebuild your carbs. Seems Accelerator Pumps not working and idle jets are probably plugged. Get Bob Helt's book on how to build the Rochester carburetors.

Easy to do if you follow instructions and make sure every orifice, jet and passage is thoroughly clean and free of debris.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.