Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: found the Broadcast Sheet
Posted by: Harry Moore ()
Date: August 02, 2019 07:56AM

Hi Dan,

You got it. This build sheet is for four cars AHEAD of my dad's. It is hard to read in the picture, but the build date is actually 12 02, so December 2nd. The week my dads car was built (according to the Fisher plate) was 11D, or the last week of November.

So they are close.
Do you think GM could have goofed and swapped the broadcast sheets?

BTW, this is a 67 coupe with a tinted front windsheild and a powerglide (cant see if there was any options in group three). The same bright blue interior, but a mist blue exterior

Harry Moore
66 Monza Sedan 140/PG
Southern California

Options: ReplyQuote
Importance of a Car
Date: October 12, 2020 11:32PM

This car has suddenly become more important than ever. Two weeks ago my dad went to the ER for extreme pain and it turns out he has advanced lung cancer....it has metastasized to many vital organs.
sad smiley

My sister and I have temporally moved closer to him. This means I get to work on the car for him and with him!!!

Well over the weekend we got the car to run and even drove it about 100 feet (although there are no brakes but the e-brake works smiling smiley)

Click here to see a Video of Car Running

Harry Moore
66 Monza Sedan 140/PG
Southern California

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2020 11:33PM by Harry Moore.

Attachments:

Re: 12 Years Of Separation….
Posted by: MtnVairMike ()
Date: October 14, 2020 09:23AM

Go Harry Go!!!!

Enjoy your dad and the car.

I have been helping mine through LC for the past 5 years. Wish you success with your dad.

Mike

1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White

Others in the menagerie...
72 Corvette Stingray, 58K miles, owned since 86
72 MGB, 112K miles, bought from original owner in 09
78 Chevy pickup, 124K miles, bought new in 78
93 Corvette, LT1/6spd, 210K miles, daily driver since 96

Posted by: KenHenry ()
Date: October 15, 2020 08:10AM

Your door pillars and floors look great! I think you have a solid foundation to start from there. Wishing the best for your dad. Ken

Ken Henry, Rochester, NY USA
1965 Corvair Corsa
140 hp, 4 speed

Yenko Spoiler and Sail Panels
Date: October 19, 2020 10:02AM

It has been fun working on the car. We were able to drive it down the street two days ago and get it into 3rd gear!!!!grinning smileygrinning smiley

We are taking a break from the mechanical work and installing a yenko style rear spoiler and sail panels. It appears that the panels and spoiler are attached with both screws and adhesive (Fusor 116B ).

[*] For the spoiler: do you drill holes in the bottom of it and attach it under the chrome trim? Then do you use the adhesive for the section on top of the engine lid? Do you add screws as well?

[*] For the sail panels: I only have one "set" of panels - an inner and outer as I understand it. But we are going to move forward with installing one on each side. I was going to use screws through the bottom of the panel (into the top of the body) and seat the panel between the window weather-strip. Do you think this will hold? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Harry Moore
66 Monza Sedan 140/PG
Southern California

Attachments:

Re: Yenko Spoiler and Sail Panels
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: October 19, 2020 11:28AM

"Dad" looks happy! Keep up the good work!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: October 20, 2020 07:54PM

I have been doing a bunch of little things over the past few days....with my dads "guidance" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

For example the fuses had a thin layer of rust on them that prevented good contact, so I cleaned the fuse box and put in new fuses. I also cleaned the connections on most lights to help make them as bright as possible.

I installed the 140hp air cleaner on the 110 because my dad really likes the look of dual snorkels and a chrome lid. Luckily I had an extra 140 pvc pipe.

I added seafoam to the engine oil and will do an oil change soon. I have been letting a bunch of junk burn off, the car was last registered in 2008. I will need to replace the O-Rings at a later date because they leak.

I changed the fan belt and took the A/C belt off because it was the incorrect belt. I will put a new one on later.....not too worried about A/C right now. My special wrench I bought at the toss from Rex made this job easy. Thanks!

We went to a body shop to buy an adhesive that will bind the fiberglass and metal of the yenko parts (couldn't find a local source for lord fusor 116cool smiley. We also bought some bondo to smooth out the joints.....any tips on how to do this would be much appreciated.

I drained the gas tank, installed new rubber lines and two fuel filters (the larger plastic style so I can see how much crude is coming from the fuel tank). Nothing is leaking.

I have a used set of 4 door fuzzies and I was able to make them work for the coupe with a little cutting. The coupe did not come with any.

I still have to install the plastic throttle linkage bushings and the rubber weather gasket for the engine lid. I have some StaLube GL-4 I want to use for the diff/tanny fluid change.

Tomorrow I am going to install a CORSA cluster, but have to cut out the A/C bezal hole first.

I think the car might have a quick steer box (the arms are not quick steer) because it is right around 4 turns lock to lock. I have a set of after market short quick steer arms I will put on a t a later date/circumstance.

I should be able to meet with David H. from The Source in the next day or two for a few odds and ends he still has.

Oh yeah, it was an expensive day earlier this week because we bought a new windshield and had it and the rear window installed. All in all it cost $720 for everything. This included cleaning the channels and sealing it with a rust prohibortor paint. I bought new trim clips from California Corvairs and installed window trim for the first time....it is on, but now dented and crooked....bit it is on!smiling bouncing smiley

My dads pain is increasing and new test show fast spreading; so after a few more things on the car he wants me to do, I will take more time to just chill with him. He really loves driving it, even if it is a short distance.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Harry Moore
66 Monza Sedan 140/PG
Southern California

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: October 20, 2020 09:49PM

Sounds like you guys have gotten a LOT done, in a short amount of time. thumbs up

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, 80hp, PG
'62 Monza Wagon, 4spd.
'63 Spyder,
'65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dually, approaching 400K
'03 Honda Del Sol
17'Terry

32 Mile Road Trip hot smiley
Date: October 23, 2020 12:46AM

Well we took the car on a 32 mile road trip to get dinner at Olive Garden. It did ETREMELY WELL. In fact, the only issue was the white smoke at stop lights billowing out from under the car. The push rod tube o rings are shot and there was oil dripping over the exhaust.

It did not die, hesitate, ping, or diesel after shutdown.

Here is a short video of part of the drive.

Harry Moore
66 Monza Sedan 140/PG
Southern California

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: October 23, 2020 01:01AM

Can't watch it. sad smiley
It requires a Login.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, 80hp, PG
'62 Monza Wagon, 4spd.
'63 Spyder,
'65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dually, approaching 400K
'03 Honda Del Sol
17'Terry

Date: October 28, 2020 12:47AM

Still plugging away...not at the same pace as a few weeks ago, but progress everyday.

Since we put on a set of carbs that have been bored and jetted larger I figured we might as well upgrade the intake and exhaust. I was originally going to go with the Matt Nall special High Rise Intake, but remembered I had an intake for the Heavy Duty Pre-Filter (Option K46), so I installed it.

I also took the headers off my 66 sport sedan PG/140 to replace the single exhaust that is currently on the engine. If anything it should sound better because the existing muffler is shot.

I tore into the front brakes to rebuild everything and then realized the corvair front wheel cylinders are unique to a corvair and non of the local FLAPS have them in stock and one can order some but they won't be in for three days. If anyone in the San Diego area has a set for sale please let me know.

The rims on the car are 14x7 with a 3.5 inch offset (measured from the rear of the rim edge to the mounting surface for the lug nuts). Currently all tires are different sizes...one is a 217/70/15 and it rubs on the front wheel well. So it looks like a 205/70/15 would fit. I think these rims came off a chevy blazer. Can anyone confirm this?

Here is another video of my dad driving the car. This was taken about 8 days ago and since then the increase in pain medication means he may not be able to drive it very far anymore.

Harry Moore
66 Monza Sedan 140/PG
Southern California

Attachments:

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: October 28, 2020 05:13AM

215/60-14 is a really good size for a 14x7" wheel. We ran them for years and years on our cars, until moving up to 15 and 16" wheels.

The car looks good!

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: October 28, 2020 09:43AM

You made a typo on the wheel or tire size. Are they 14 or 15"?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 113 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: October 28, 2020 11:11AM

Those wheels were used on the S-10's and I think that some Camaro's had them also.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.