Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
For Sale! $35! EM Vent mounted Speaker Brackets are Finished and ready for immediate shipping!
Posted by: rlp11 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 11:08AM

Hi Everyone

The EM (60-64) speaker mounting brackets are ready to go. They are unpainted so you can paint them to match your interior color.

Speaker brackets are for 5 ¼” speakers only. I have been using 5 ¼” speakers for years and see no need to go any bigger. With these two vent mounted speakers and the two 4“ speakers in the top dash 6x9 hole I get plenty of sound even with the windows down.

Both sides install with no problem. Lots of clearance for the fuse block and parking brake handle

First picture shows how they look installed. Second picture is what they look like flat before bending.
Brackets come as a set of two with one left and one right.

Cost:
$50 per set.

Shipping for up to three sets:
West of the Mississippi - $17
East of the Mississippi - $22

PM me for any questions or ordering information. I prefer PayPal.

forsale

Roger Parent
El Cajon, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza Project

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 03:17PM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Sale! EM Vent mounted Speaker Brackets are Finished and ready for immediate shipping!
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: June 25, 2019 12:06PM

Does the RH one clear A/C?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 116 Corvairs and counting...

Re: For Sale! EM Vent mounted Speaker Brackets are Finished and ready for immediate shipping!
Date: June 25, 2019 12:37PM

I do not know if it will clear. Can you send me some pictures with some sort of measurments. Then I will check. email me at 'rlparent@cox.net'.

Roger Parent
El Cajon, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza Project

Posted by: alan_smithee ()
Date: June 25, 2019 04:36PM

These are all unbent, correct?

Date: June 25, 2019 11:14PM

Sorry I should have stated that these are pre bent ready to install after paint.

Roger Parent
El Cajon, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza Project

Attachments:
Date: June 26, 2019 11:49AM

Where do you want measurements?

Joel
Northlake, TX

Attachments:
Posted by: 65 Corsa Vert ()
Date: June 26, 2019 12:38PM

Do they only fit EM? If so, any plans for LM set?

Date: June 26, 2019 01:33PM

Joel

Need 6 inchs min from vent mounting screw and the side of the A/C unit.

65 Corsa Vert

EM only. No mounting screw for the bracket on LM.

Roger Parent
El Cajon, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza Project

Date: June 26, 2019 01:55PM

It's about 5.5"

Joel
Northlake, TX

Date: June 26, 2019 02:06PM

Joel

I bend the right side to 65 deg. Which gives it a 6" offset. I could bend it less about 60 deg and it would fit. And you could bend it a little to fit.

Roger

Roger Parent
El Cajon, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza Project

Date: June 26, 2019 07:29PM

Hey Roger...whats your Pay Pal username?

Date: June 26, 2019 07:57PM

Tom

I just PM you.

Roger Parent
El Cajon, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza Project

Posted by: slow61 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 07:12PM

I know people generally recommend putting an enclosure of some kind around the speakers that get installed in the middle of the dash. Do these sound ok with the speakers in the free air, or would it be prudent to make some kind of box for them?

Date: June 29, 2019 02:21PM

I have been using these mounting brackets for years in different EM Vairs. And all I can say is that the speaker is so close to the fire wall, floor carpet and other dash metal work that this is like a box behind the speaker. And I play Pink Floyd the most. Best band in the world, my opinion.

Roger Parent
El Cajon, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza Project

Date: June 30, 2019 12:55AM

rlp11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been using these mounting brackets for years in different EM Vairs. And all I can say is that the speaker is so close to the fire wall, floor carpet and other dash metal work that this is like a box behind the speaker. And I play Pink Floyd the most. Best band in the world, my opinion.

I got my brackets today Roger....theses are awesome!! Thank you!!!!

Posted by: Westds ()
Date: June 30, 2019 12:40PM

Received Rogers speaker mounts yesterday and installed them this am. The 5 1/4" speakers do work well in my Lakewood wagon. They fit without any modifications, the speaker holes lined up perfectly. The only thing I may do if I remove then again is rivet the air grill to the speaker mount. It is a little difficult trying to hold the two pieces together in such a tight space.

Attachments:

Posted by: slow61 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 01:16PM

What type of paint did you use on those brackets? It matches the rest of your carpet so well.

Posted by: Westds ()
Date: June 30, 2019 02:44PM

The interior of my Lakewood is Jewel Blue or Bright blue. Cars1 in Placentia CA sells it in spray cans (1020 Spray Dye J BL 66-67 for $16.95 a can)

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: June 30, 2019 03:59PM

Those look great Wes!!

Excellent work by Roger.

Posted by: impadjoe ()
Date: January 02, 2021 07:17PM

Do you make them for late models?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.