Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bonneville or BUST v. 2019
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: July 16, 2019 12:34PM

reggie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Porsche fan?! think not.
===============================

Porch STYLE [ verticle]

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 10, 2019 09:36PM

On the Dyno in Salt Lake City! 198 RWHP and 213 ft. lb. Torque

[youtu.be]

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Richard ()
Date: August 11, 2019 06:34PM

Date: August 11, 2019 06:57PM

No runs until Tues! Bummer... but what a party!

Posted by: Salty ()
Date: August 11, 2019 10:07PM

We’re Chomping at the bit here...so close yet so far away it seems! We’re making the best of it, but I came to race. Mother Nature isn’t cooperating!

Thanks to all for the well wishes, and for those others that are posting information/updates on this project! I’m a little distracted right now to do it myself.

Thanks to ALL,

Greg

Posted by: briandowdy ()
Date: August 11, 2019 11:09PM

Talked to one of my customers who is there yesterday and said the flats are very wet.. Owner of the car he is pitting for flew in from UK this week, just purchased the car last year (here in Nor Cal) and is trying to qualify for 250. Good luck to all, hope it all works out this week.

Date: August 11, 2019 11:25PM

If Speedweek stays soft... there's always World of Speed [ Utah Assoc.] and the Mike Cook's "Shootout" and finally the World Finals Oct 1-4th

Date: August 12, 2019 07:27AM

MattNall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Speedweek stays soft... there's always World of Speed [ Utah Assoc.] and the Mike Cook's "Shootout" and finally the World Finals Oct 1-4th

I can’t afford to take off more time from my business, and neither can my crew. I have been paying all expenses for my crew, so this goes a little deep into the pocket. Hopefully we will get on the Salt really soon.

Gregory T. Lloyd
FB @BonnevilleCorvair
8365 F/CPRO
Ex-SCTA-BNI Record Holder...but getting it back!
Current LTA and ECTA Record Holder

Date: August 12, 2019 07:55AM

Yup my Bud took the whole family and did the hotel thing. $9k for 8 days from SoCal, but his son got his ticket and red hat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2019 07:56AM by MattNall.

Date: August 13, 2019 07:47AM

They are Running!

Listen LIVE every day

[www.meridix.com]

Date: August 13, 2019 02:12PM

Sadly, Greg looped it on his run today.... BlowFish had spun just before him... 300 mph Barracuda.

Soon, after a few more.. they shut that course down....will open the course next to it tomorrow.

Date: August 17, 2019 08:19PM

I'm pasting a copy of my recap on our misadventure at Bonneville. We'll be back next year...faster!

Update on our attempts at a World Speed Record: The absolute worst case scenario developed today. We arrived early and made it into the top 80 vehicles that would run today. Course conditions were miserable, and we could tell they weren’t improving. Listening to the chatter on the Event CB channels, EVERYONE was slower in their 3rd Mile than they were in the 2nd Mile. Out of the 80 or so runs, only 6 qualified for records, and 4 of those were in classes that didn’t have an established record, so just finishing guaranteed them a record.
We finally got to the line around 2 pm, and were held up multiple times for stopped vehicles on course, motorcycles spinning out, etc. Finally the car before me launches, a very seasoned and experienced salt flat racer, and near mile marker two has a terrible spin out. Show stops again. Finally we were a go, and everything seemed okay and we’re doing 130+ mph just past the 1 Mile mark when all hell broke loose. I’m fine and the car is fine, but the right front wheel hit a rut created by a previous driver, jerking the front of the car violently to the right causing me to spin out of control at 130 mph! The track was narrower than usual, and parts were so loose traction was impossible. My good friend that got me into this made a clean run, but due to conditions was 21 mph slower than the record he set last year. Out of the next 4 vehicles they sent, 3 more spun out or could not finish the course, so they stopped racing altogether at 2:40 pm and shut down for the day.
We came extremely well prepared, did everything in our power to have the strongest car possible, and the best chance possible at a record run. Unfortunately Mother Nature had other ideas. With the Salt as bad as it is, it just doesn’t make sense to stay here for the rest of the week hoping it will improve, and maybe get one or two more shots at it at best. We are heading home in the morning with nothing to show for our efforts. We will be back next year, hoping the Salt will cooperate next year. We will continue to develop the car until then to make it faster than ever.
So last year the Salt was the very best it had been for decades, but this year was by far the worst.
We thank all of you for following our efforts, and for supporting us. Hang in there, we are not done. It WILL happen!

Date: August 17, 2019 08:45PM

Gotta get the young man licensed! Send him and a couple of buddies to World of Speed.... They'll drive straight thru... and sleep in the trailer! No Motel $$

Three Cases of Mac & Cheese....some $ for Hot Dogs and 6 cases of Sodas!

And they are fearless! Invincible! GGG

Date: August 24, 2019 09:45PM

Here's a 2500 hp spin! watch the throttle action!

[youtu.be]

Date: August 24, 2019 10:09PM

Yikes!!! Certainly wasn't a fun course...if I heard right, he was going about twice as fast as I was!

Gregory T. Lloyd
FB @BonnevilleCorvair
8365 F/CPRO
Ex-SCTA-BNI Record Holder...but getting it back!
Current LTA and ECTA Record Holder

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.