Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
OT- '64 Ford Country Squire fuel tank I need one!!
Posted by: kaminski45 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 07:24PM

I've looked everywhere for a fuel tank for a 1964 Ford Country Squire and I can not find one. I've called many classic junkyards and they don't have any and every repo parts store I can find all say not for the wagon. anyone on here have any idea on where to get one?

needpart

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 07:32PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT- '64 Ford Country Squire fuel tank I need one!!
Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: June 11, 2019 07:38PM

Just a few thoughts: do you have the original? Can you compare it to a nonwagon one? Is it totally different or minor like a different fuel neck? Maybe it’s a small difference and a replacement from a more common vehicle could be adapted. Apart from that Kanter has a lot of tanks that are general and seem listed for many applications. Maybe they could make a suggestion.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 11, 2019 08:11PM

Also....if the bottom is rotten... replace the bottom...

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: June 12, 2019 03:50AM

First time I've heard of Kanter.

They list five 1964 Ford tanks.

[www.kanter.com]

Posted by: NMCarNut ()
Date: June 12, 2019 06:11AM

Unfortunately as you have found, the wagon tank is very different and no one has reproduced. If you want original style both 63-4 Ford and Mercury full size wagons directly interchange and 61-2 Ford and Mercury full size wagons will also fit if you also get neck, cap, and all.

Have you tried asking on the Ford Barn Forum or Ford First Forum? The Jalopy Journal HAMB would be another place to try since there are at least a couple of 64 Ford wagon fans on there. Or some of the bigger classic wrecking yards like CTC Auto Ranch in Texas or Desert Valley in Arizona?

And at last resort you could have a tank fabricated. While it won't look original and it probably won't be cheap Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts in Illinois has made me some very unique tanks in the past and should be able to set you up.

Attachments:
Posted by: kaminski45 ()
Date: June 12, 2019 06:31AM

Unfortunately I don't have the original one. Thanks for the help. I will check out the places suggested.

MNCarNut where did you get that picture from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 06:35AM by kaminski45.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.