Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Re-Identification Bodytag Hiden-VIN
Posted by: Dave Decker ()
Date: September 11, 2019 08:11AM

This was in that location of my Canadian built car, but stamped from the inside where the steering shaft passes.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 21, 2019 03:12PM

Interessant

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: September 22, 2019 05:44PM

Timothy,

Yes. I applied for the title at the DMV and he signed it over to me. And as far as a warranty card, I was simply replying to what Eric P asked me.

I'm still in contact with the guy, so there is hope that someday he will find it again and I will be able to find out more about the car.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA
Member: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club
THEN: 1965 Monza 110 Canary Yellow
1967 Monza 140 Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"It would not have helped if I had [taken notes], as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

------

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: September 22, 2019 07:02PM

99% of the cars today that are 50+ years old, and who the selling dealer was, or who purchased the car new most times is history lost to time. I have a 1962 Chevrolet BelAir that I knew the name of the original owner, and I also knew who the selling dealer was. I also know all the options that the car came with, and what was dealer installed. The one thing that I didn't know was the original selling dealer's Chevrolet assigned dealer number, and this was important to me to find. It took me almost a year, with the help of a person that has thousands of dealer shipper documents to find the correct number. I have since been able to get a correctly reproduced Monroney sticker for my car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.