Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who's Going To Mid-Ohio?
Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: May 22, 2019 07:47AM

[svra.com]

Who's going to display their cars and see some Vintage/Corvair racing?

'29 Ford Model A Tudor
'61 700 Lakewood 110 4 speed
'69 Monza Convert. 140 Auto.
'70 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4 speed

Been aircooled since 1973
Northwest Ohio

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who's Going To Mid-Ohio?
Posted by: v8vair ()
Date: May 22, 2019 11:24AM

Im going,Bringing 362 Mike

Attachments:
Posted by: texas yenko dude ()
Date: May 22, 2019 12:56PM

I’m bringing YS-199

Texas YENKO Dude
YS-070
YS-199
YS-320
Southeast of Disorder

Posted by: goatsnvairs ()
Date: May 22, 2019 01:25PM

texas yenko dude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m bringing YS-199
What groups do you guys run? I'm local, may drive up to watch....

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: May 22, 2019 04:27PM

Since I live only about 20 miles from Mid-Ohio, anyone who wants to stop by is welcome. That is, except for Sunday, when my club, Friends of Corvair, and I will be at the track. If enough people want to stop by, maybe we can have an impromptu party in my shop and patio area.

Also with any luck, I MAY have my long-awaited project car back from three and a half years in the body shop. If not, you are welcome to see my "wall of parts" as I call my stock of parts and assemblies for the car. Come see what a car looks like less its body shell! LOL

I am just three miles west of Galion on State Route 19, just before Route 602 cuts off North and crosses Route 30 just a mile from my house. I'll even be able to tell you how to quickly get to Mid-Ohio via the back roads.

-Mark @
5474 State Route 19
Galion, Ohio 44833

Posted by: Corveight ()
Date: May 22, 2019 05:42PM

I'll be there. Not sure which day.Hope to drive my V8 there.

Warren Holt
Cleveland, Ohio
65 Crown V8
65 Turbo Coupe
68 Monza

Posted by: vairmech ()
Date: May 22, 2019 06:52PM

I'll have YS-318 on the track.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Posted by: Jim Stukenborg ()
Date: May 22, 2019 07:05PM

I plan to be there. Looks like Sunday is the best day. The schedule says that's the day the Corvairs will be racing. The rest of us get to run during lunch hour. Is that correct? Jim

Date: May 22, 2019 07:25PM

At least half of us will be in Group 8

Texas YENKO Dude
YS-070
YS-199
YS-320
Southeast of Disorder

Date: May 23, 2019 04:13AM

I'll probably be in GR12b? again because of running slicks. Maybe I'll put my Toyo's on just to change.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Date: May 23, 2019 04:15AM

We go to Mid Ohio Vintage Grand Prix every year. We make a family thing of it, Me, my wife, my 3 kids with their spouses and now my 5 grandchildren. This year will be extra special with all the Corvairs, can’ wait . My youngest grandson will be about 6 weeks old, gotta start them out early.

Posted by: edconnolly ()
Date: May 23, 2019 07:32AM

Mike,

Re 362, what are the corner weights?

Date: May 23, 2019 08:25AM

Don't know the corner weight because I haven't figured out a simple way to get it on the scales and getting the rear wheels back to its static right height with it negative camber. My Garage is not long enough to make ramps to roll it. Any suggestions?? Mike

Date: May 24, 2019 04:34AM

v8vair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't know the corner weight because I haven't figured out a simple way to get it on the scales and getting the rear wheels back to its static right height with it negative camber. My Garage is not long enough to make ramps to roll it. Any suggestions?? Mike
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Let the ramps go out the door! Roll the car on and weigh it. Same for the in between the pads, a 2X6 would work.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Date: May 24, 2019 04:48AM

Not real concerned right now about corner weights. At the Mitty Rick and Jeff had more motor than me and better brakes but I could get through the Corners faster for the same lap times. So Brakes and Motor are what ive been working on for Mid Ohio. Mike

Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: May 31, 2019 03:10PM

Got my tickets in today's mail.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 03, 2019 12:56PM

CHUCK SADEK WROTE:

We are having a Corvair Car Corral at the Mid-Ohio Racetrack at the SVRA (Sportscar Vintage Racing Association) vintage racing event 21-23 June 2019. The Corvair racers group will have between 16-20 race cars racing in this event. We are the featured marquee which means in addition to our cars competing with other racers in their respective groups, we will have our own race on Sunday, tentatively at 1:05 pm.

The track will mark an portion of the spectator parking area with the sign “Corvair”. We invite all Corvair owners to come and bring their car or FC’s if they can and join us, parking together in that area.. All of us must pay the spectator admission fees to get into the track area to watch the race. Clark’s Corvair Parts has generously donated door prizes of things like filter, fan belts and catalogs. It is not clear if we can have parade laps but we are trying to ensure we do.

Vintage race paddocks are open to all spectators. Therefore, park in the corral, watch some racing, bring your picnic lunch or purchase at the track. Come down to the paddock where our trailers and cars are located and hang out with us. Volunteer to help. We can always use a hand to torque wheels, air tires, help with repairs or just sit and keep us company.

We will have food and water..no buffet, but if you time it right, there will be beef brisket from Texas… you never had it as good! Chris Langley will barbeque it on the grill right there!

The Car Corral is low key. Love to have you bring your chairs and easy up awnings and regale spectators and browsers with your tall tales how you just could not make your Corvair flip over … we do really only have six cylinder cars, not four cylinders… and yes, Ralph did attend a Corsa National Convention (Washington DC).. etc.

So come out and join us. Hopefully, the Ohio skies will have run out of rain by then.

Chuck Sadek
Corsa member since ‘70s
YS 73 D Production racer

Date: June 03, 2019 05:42PM

Chuck,

I’m not doing brisket this year. The Automotive Archeologists boys are going to do something different this year. We wanted to change it up. ????

Here is your hint ????????????

Texas YENKO Dude
YS-070
YS-199
YS-320
Southeast of Disorder

Date: June 03, 2019 05:43PM

Ok, emojis from the iPhone don’t come out. Im bringing a bunch of fresh shrimp and we are going to have a shrimp boil.

Texas YENKO Dude
YS-070
YS-199
YS-320
Southeast of Disorder

Posted by: Jonathan Knapp ()
Date: June 15, 2019 10:00AM

Hi Everybody,

Other than Ken probably running in 12b, what are some of the other classes and run groups where we spectators will see Corvairs/Yenko Stingers running?

Jonathan Knapp
Wheeling, WV
'66 Corsa Autocrosser

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.