Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
OT.........Ecklers
Posted by: Mel ()
Date: May 15, 2019 09:41AM

Anyone have dealings with Ecklers? just started a nightmare deal with these people sad smiley

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT.........Ecklers
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: May 15, 2019 10:09AM

I avoid them after a couple issue with my Camaro. 3 times I ordered a modulator line by their catalog. First one came in too long but right bends. Talked to them and they sent another. It was 2 inches to short and wrong bends. Another conversation and last one was nothing even close. They refunded my money and shipping after I showed them on and off the car what was wrong on each one. I finally talked to a company that seemed to have a line that might work. They sent me onto they source. It seemed the one I thought was right, was not it either. They sent me the right one for the one year unique line for my car. And it was 1/2 the price of Ecklers.

So just document everything and take lots of photos to prove your case. Try to find another source for your parts. I use Camaro Central as my main source.

Oh yeah. I had an issue with their vendor supplied power disc brake kit. It took me 2 months to get that one corrected. Seems the 2 lines from MC to proportioning valve wouldn't fit. I was told by Eckers experts to loosen up MC and Valve, install lines tight then tighten up MC and lines. That put a severe load on the lines. Told them I would not preload brake lines like that. They got their vendor in touch with me, who then made new lines for my installation.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2019 10:13AM by Lane66m.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.