Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
SOLD!!: Corvair (Rajay) Turbocharger 180HP Rebuilt and Broken-In
Posted by: Nickshu ()
Date: May 12, 2019 03:41AM

Corvair (Rajay) Turbocharger 180HP Rebuilt and Broken-In - Complete

Stock turbocharger for 65-66 Corvair turbo engines and a common upgrade on 62-64 turbo engines.

This turbo was rebuilt by Nick Williams (aka The Turbo Guy on CorvairForum) and was used on my '64 Spyder for about 1000 miles and worked great. I removed and stored it after building an F/B-flow turbocharger to use on the car.

Tag shows correct part numbers for an 180HP turbo and both the hot and cold side are correct for a 180HP stock unit. The unit spins freely as it should.

The correct (rare, often missing) special top banjo bolts are in place which allow the stainless heat shield to be installed easily.

Choke tubes and a few extra parts are included (see photos).

The exhaust housing was sandblasted and painted with VHT ceramic ultra high temp paint, the color was supposed to be cast iron, but it turned gold-ish after a few heat cycles.

Photos and a video of the turbo can be seen here: [drive.google.com]

Asking $450 plus shipping to CONUS. Paypal "friends/family" payment, or buyer pays Paypal fees if goods and services payment is preferred. PM if interested.

Thanks for looking!

Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
Other fun stuff - Porsche 911 GT3 - Trailered track monster for HPDE and Autocross events.
Northern Colorado, USA

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 12:41PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Sale: Corvair (Rajay) Turbocharger 180HP Rebuilt and Broken-In
Posted by: Nickshu ()
Date: May 14, 2019 09:42AM

SOLD!

Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
Other fun stuff - Porsche 911 GT3 - Trailered track monster for HPDE and Autocross events.
Northern Colorado, USA

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.