Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Van rear 1/4 seal from inner to outer fender?
Posted by: justnuts58 ()
Date: April 14, 2019 05:32AM

I'm replacing the left rear 1/4 on my 63 van. The rear rubber seal that seals the inner inner fender to the outer fender is rotted. Its about 26 inches long. I was thinking on using black 1/2 round foam water pipe tubs for a seal? Any one have a better idea?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Van rear 1/4 seal from inner to outer fender?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: April 14, 2019 06:16AM

The only suggestion I can make is, try not to use anything that might absorb and retain moisture or there could be rust related issues in the future.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Re: Van rear 1/4 seal from inner to outer fender?
Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: April 14, 2019 08:03AM

I recommend against the water pipe tube that you are considering. What is needed is something more suitable to the job.

Check out Steele Rubber Products. They have an online catalog that shows the cross-section profiles of their various products. Find the one that most closely matches the original, or which appears like it might do the trick.

FCs have a rubber seal on the rear bumper brackets, and I needed to replace them on my truck. While I could not find a particularly close match at Steele I did find on that does the job.

WhyImWhenIm64

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.