Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
F/S 1965 - 1969 NOS Speedometer 6455435
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: April 10, 2019 04:15PM

NOS 1965 - 1969 Speedometer in the original box with 00000.9
miles on it! I have no idea of value on this type of part, since they almost never come up for sale. Tell me what you are willing to pay, and I will consider all offers. I know what it cost to have one totally rebuilt, and that is a small kings ransom. I was quoted over $300 without silk screening of the face, and the exact same font for the odometer numbers are no longer available.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, but it doesn't photograph well with the flash, and I will post more tomorrow using natural daylight.

forsale

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2019 04:58PM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F/S 1965 - 1969 NOS Speedometer 6455435
Posted by: texas yenko dude ()
Date: April 10, 2019 04:55PM

Nice!! I have some NOS Corsa dash gauges. A clock and a cylinder head temp. Still trying to figure out what they are worth. I’d say you are in the ballpark.

Texas YENKO Dude
YS-070
YS-199
YS-320
Southeast of Disorder

Date: April 12, 2019 01:01PM

Had one inquire if it was still available, and no offers. Guess that there is no one here for this item. I will give it a try on eBay. Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: flat_six ()
Date: April 12, 2019 05:27PM

In terms of a data point for the "next best alternative" to a NOS speedometer:

I just had two Corsa speedometers rebuilt locally for $200 each. Those have the trip odometer and therefore are slightly more complex.

Date: April 12, 2019 06:30PM

Could you please tell us where? I know that I have a few that I would like to have rebuilt for my early model cars. I am certain that this information would be helpful to a lot of our other members looking for a reliable speedometer rebuilder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 06:31PM by junkman.

Posted by: flat_six ()
Date: April 13, 2019 12:22AM

junkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could you please tell us where? I know that I
> have a few that I would like to have rebuilt for
> my early model cars. I am certain that this
> information would be helpful to a lot of our other
> members looking for a reliable speedometer
> rebuilder.

Dick's Speed-o-tach.

Dick's

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.