Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Door Hinge Pins and Bushings - EM
Posted by: Johnnya101 ()
Date: April 08, 2019 04:53PM

The drivers door and pass door on my 61 coupe sag. Drivers door just a little but pass a ton. Need to install new pins and bushings. Clarks pins, while I am sure they are quality, are just so expensive for one single pin...

I was going to see if I could use NAPA part 675-1246 for the new pins and bushings instead. [www.napaonline.com] This guy did his hinges and they fit okay [www.corvairforum.com]

I see a longer pin and shorter pin. Im guessing its only the longer one that fits? What have you all done for replacing pins and bushings?

Worse case, if I need to buy 4 kits for 4 pins, still half the price of Clarks. Again, not hating on them. Custom vs NAPA, and Im sure they are well worth the expense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 04:56PM by Johnnya101.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Door Hinge Pins and Bushings - EM
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 08, 2019 05:43PM

Pins are all the same... just lengths!! Always been that way... Buy the long ones and cut them off!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Re: Door Hinge Pins and Bushings - EM
Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: April 08, 2019 06:42PM

Got calipers? The measuring type. not brake..... Or a small crescent wrench.

Measure diameter of your pin, visit Help* section of FLAPS and buy pins and bushings that fit.

You may cut long pins shorter.

*Dorman Products carded line of helpful stuff.

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.