Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pedals
Posted by: BobV66Vair ()
Date: March 22, 2019 07:20AM

Does anyone out there use aftermarket pedals in their race (or other) cars? I am looking at Wilwood pedals but the geometry is beyond me. I am hoping that someone has doe it and will share the outcome with me.

Bob Vinnacombe
Sandy, Oregon
1965 Corsa 140 stock
1966 Monza Soon to be race car
1968 Monza Parts for now

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pedals
Posted by: 65CrownV8 ()
Date: March 22, 2019 05:17PM

Bob,

I'm in the beginning stages of re-working my Crown V8 and I'm looking at Wilwood's 3-pedal set-up. Once I get the engine back in, sans water pump, I will check steering wheel and pedal placement before I commit to the decision to cut the footwell and move my pedals forward. My gas tank is already relocated to the rear of the car, but I'm concerned about wheelhouse interference.

If you go down this road, please keep us posted.

George Jones - East Orlando, FL
'65 Monza V8 Convertible - 355/4-spd Posi - TT015
'66 Monza Coupe - 95/PG
'67 Monza Coupe 140/4-spd/Posi, A/C
COrvaiR Society of America (CORSA), Central Florida Corvair Club, Tidewater Corvair Club, V8 Registry

Re: Pedals
Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: March 23, 2019 07:15AM

I have a Lokar gas pedal in my racecar operating a Lokar pull cable for 390 Holley. I was SO HAPPY to be rid of the stock linkage that had trouble pushing secondaries open.
I have stock clutch and brake pedals. The brakes have a box with a bias adjustment cable mounting two Wilwood cylinders. I got it from Jeff Moore but I think it was made by Doug Hargrove.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.