Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
FOR SALE: YH Carter Carburetor 1962-64 / WTB: YH Choke Clean Air Tubes
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: March 11, 2019 03:08PM

Hey all,

I'm selling my 62-64 YH carburetor out of my Turbo, because I'm running a 66 and the YH Carter currently there is, as mentioned, a 62 through 64.

I've already bought a rebuilt 1966 YH from
Starr Cooke in El Cajon, CA, and once it arrives and I find everything in working order, I will send mine out to interested parties.

I refurbished this one with a California Corvairs gasket and parts rebuild kit but as I am INEXPRIENCED builder, the carburetor still needs a tune (it floods, a lot), but the parts are there for anyone with more experience. The base paint is a 1200 degree paint. It has original (unreplaced) screws and hardware. I put about 60 miles on it since I changed the interior and gaskets, but as I said I must have done something wrong because it still floods.

I'd also like to buy some choke clean air tubes for my new setup. Looking underneath I see I don't currently have any.

My phone doesn't ever attach pics, but if you've been following me here you've probably seen a few pictures of the carburetor. They are also of course available on request by email.

I figure the YH is worth at least $200 as is, but anyone who contacts me is free to haggle.

forsale

<b> Eric C. Player
Porterville, CA
<i>- National Member, CORSA
- Member: Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club</i>
THEN: 1967 Monza 110 Canary Yellow/1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red/
1965 Monza 110 Purple/1967 Monza 140 Red/1966 500 110 Black/1965 Monza 110 Camaro Yellow
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo Coupe Blue. Blue/Beige interior.
<br><a href="[static.wixstatic.com] src="[static.wixstatic.com] href="[static.wixstatic.com] src="[static.wixstatic.com];
<br><font=+2><i>"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .' and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else." -- Daniel B. Davis</font></i></b>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 05:29PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FOR SALE: YH Carter Carburetor 1962-64 / WTB: YH Choke Clean Air Tubes
Date: March 13, 2019 09:59AM

Bump. Also, I'll just mention I'm still selling an alternator.

Date: March 14, 2019 07:18AM

Carb sold. Still have alternator and "core quality" seats.

<b> Eric C. Player
Porterville, CA
<i>- National Member, CORSA
- Member: Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, and San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club</i>
THEN: 1967 Monza 110 Canary Yellow/1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red/
1965 Monza 110 Purple/1967 Monza 140 Red/1966 500 110 Black/1965 Monza 110 Camaro Yellow
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo Coupe Blue. Blue/Beige interior.
<br><a href="[static.wixstatic.com] src="[static.wixstatic.com] href="[static.wixstatic.com] src="[static.wixstatic.com];
<br><font=+2><i>"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .' and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else." -- Daniel B. Davis</font></i></b>

WTB: YH Choke Clean Air Tubes
Date: March 27, 2019 07:44AM

Still looking for those Carter clean air tubes. If anyone knows some tricks for setting up some homemade ones of my own I'd appreciate the tip.

Re: WTB: YH Choke Clean Air Tubes
Posted by: AlecCarlson ()
Date: March 30, 2019 07:09PM

Are you looking for the tubes which run from the base of the turbo input plate to the carter choke ? If so, is there one tube or two ? I took mine off some time ago and I don't remember the number of tubes (I think 2). I installed an electric choke so I didn't need them. I may have them laying around in a spare parts box somewhere. I'll have to look and see. Let me know if that's what you need and if I can find them you can have them for the cost of shipping...

Alec

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:55AM

I'm sure the Ranch has the tubes. I thought you mentioned an electric choke a while back, no need for them with electric.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

[corvaircenter.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.