Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
windshield washer problem
Posted by: DOUG WARD ()
Date: February 07, 2019 05:07PM

Hi guys, I have been having problems in getting my 2 speed wiper & washer to operate correctly. I bought it used from California Corvairs. I got it pretty well sorted out but the washer wouldn't stop pumping. In both speeds. I kept fiddling around with it & now, it runs at both speeds and the washer runs when prompted ( by the switch) does its cycle, then stops its pumping duties. Except now, it wont pump any fluid. I've tried to prime it several different ways & it just won't pump. I tried to disassemble it but can not get the gear off to access the diaphram. Clarks sells a valve kit and a new pump but not a diaphram. I'm stumped. Any one have ideas ?
Doug Ward

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: windshield washer problem
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: February 07, 2019 05:25PM

In the event you need the rubber part as shown in the attached picture, they are available from some of the Corvette vendors like Corvette America, and Corvette Specialties.
Look at the mid year car listings (1963-1967). They also sell rebuild kits I think, just in case the Corvair vendors don't.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 05:27PM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: May 01, 2019 02:06PM

I'm posting a link to a newer thread regarding a potential complete replacement pump as an alternative option.
[corvaircenter.com]

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: matchlessmo ()
Date: October 04, 2019 07:55PM

I just went to autozone and got a small universal windshield pump for 10 dollars and zipped tied to original pump and works great , [www.autozone.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.