Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 1967 Corvair UltraVan #268 for sale in San Diego
Posted by: owen ()
Date: July 10, 2019 06:30PM

Sold!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1967 Corvair UltraVan #268 in San Diego SOLD!!
Posted by: stiffneck ()
Date: July 11, 2019 08:33AM

Yes!

1962 Rampside/Camper 110hp
1963 VW Ragtop Bug 40hp
1964 Corvair 900 Vert 140hp
1966 Corvair 4-door 110hp
1967 Ultravan #268 110hp

Re: 1967 Corvair UltraVan #268 in San Diego SOLD!!
Posted by: stiffneck ()
Date: July 11, 2019 09:13AM

I have just been doing small things on the Ultravan as every time I work on my cars I end up re injuring my lower back.

I have changed out the starter... three times. That third time is always a charm. I have changed out the alternator, the fuel pump, I have rebuilt the carbs, changed the points, condenser and rotor. New spark plugs and new plug wires. Took the key ignition out and got it working properly. My engine is running well but I do still need to balance the carbs though.
Still need to go through all the brakes and wheel bearings. I HAVE kind of "tested" the brakes by using the space in my front yard. I am able to FLOOR the Ultravan across my front yard and then SLAM on the brakes. haha. They seem to work fine! But yeah I will go through everything before I go driving down the road.

I love this frigging thing!

I plan on keeping the old 14" mag wheels just saving up some cash for tires.

I guess I kind of did things backwards as I registered the Ultravan and got insurance for a year before I started working on it. I figured if I did that it would force me to work on the van.

I still need to go through the propane system but my feeling is it will work fine with little work involved. Water tanks seem to work fine I have water working in my kitchen sink and bathroom.

Air conditioner works, all lights work, exhaust fan over the stove started working the other day...

Although I don't know a lot about cars I seem to know just enough to get by.

I DID drive the Ultravan around my block one weekend. I probably shouldn't have... there were a couple beers involved in that decision. smiling smiley It was really Fun! My son and I got a couple thumbs up and woot woots from the neighbors. But yeah..... we will refrain from doing that again until we feel confidant.

Oh..... and I have to say in all the years I have had old cars I have never had one that got so much attention as the Ultravan. Strangers just stop by my house or knock on the front door and ask about it.

Jon Robere
San Diego

1962 Rampside/Camper 110hp
1963 VW Ragtop Bug 40hp
1964 Corvair 900 Vert 140hp
1966 Corvair 4-door 110hp
1967 Ultravan #268 110hp

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.