Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
FC Doors Q
Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: January 12, 2019 11:23AM

A friend is seeking replacement front doors for his Rampside. I have a pair that he'd like to buy. They are nice, straight, solid, non-rusty doors, with no glass or other hardware. Not a problem, he'd transfer the glass et al from his existing doors.

But what are they worth? I wish neither to give them away nor gouge a friend, but I have no sense of the current market for these.

WhyImWhenIm64

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FC Doors Q
Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: January 12, 2019 11:27AM

IMO not as much as a fully restored Yenko Stinger or even a used RR engine block.

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: January 12, 2019 11:45AM

Most expensive door Clark's lists is $70 for 1968-69...no F/C cab doors listed.

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: January 12, 2019 12:08PM

I have a NOS drivers door, and the best offer that I got was $300. I won't let it go for $300, because a rust free door should be worth a lot more. Attempting to fix a used door could take hours of labor to do, and it still might not be as good as a NOR or rust free original. I sold its mate for $750 about 5 years ago, and the fellow that bought it was happy to pay that amount. His body man estimated that it would cost at least that amount to weld in new metal to repair his rusted door, and thought that this one was a bargain. Others might not see it this way, and a lot depends on if you can do the needed work yourself, or have to pay someone else to do it for you. No different than any other part, it all depends on supply and demand, and location. If you can buy a part locally, it is worth more than a less expensive part that you have to have shipped, if shipping is going to be expensive, like with a door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: 63vert ()
Date: January 12, 2019 02:35PM

Personal opinion:

$100-$150 each.

Rockingham, NC

1962 Greenbrier
65 110 4speed

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: January 12, 2019 02:42PM

I just recalled that I traded two complete with glass good F/C cab doors for a 1966-69 4 speed transaxle at one point.

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:50AM

It likely all depends on what pert of the country you live in. Here in SW USA the doors can still rust out on the bottoms, depending on how much debris is settled inside. But rust free doors do come up from time to time.
Excellent examples here can go for $150 to $200+. Also have to evaluate dent and damage condition.

Junk's NOS door, I would value at $750 like he sold one for.thumbs up

Corventure Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.