Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
center a/c vent?
Posted by: Dexter ()
Date: January 07, 2019 06:16PM

Will any other center a/c vent fit the Corvair. This is for a late model.

Re: center a/c vent?
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: January 07, 2019 06:25PM

Sadly none...

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Ron62 ()
Date: January 08, 2019 04:20AM

Wondering the same thing. I have been looking at aftermarket AC cool only systems and would like to use the center vent area if possible. Haven't found anything yet.

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: January 08, 2019 08:32AM

I do have some for sale, if interested. They are repaired units, using the best "seconds" bezels* I had. This last batch of bezels I had chromed were returned with several pieces that would be ok for a driver, but were not good enough for concours cars, which is all I will ship to Clark's. I also have several "seconds" bezels without the rest of the assembly unit's pieces for sale. PM me for prices and what is available (I also have all the center vent parts available from the plenum to the bezel.

*By "seconds" I mean that they have flaws of varying degrees in the finish. Their function is unaffected.

-Mark

Posted by: DOUG WARD ()
Date: January 08, 2019 09:23PM

Hi Mark,
I would like to have a good "seconds" center grill only ( I have the piece that the hose attaches to. Also, I could use 2 side grills ( L & R ) & one hose adapter.
How do I get the order to you ? Can I send you a check ? I'll need an address.
Thanks, Doug Ward ( 1965 Corsa )

Date: January 09, 2019 03:25AM

All,

Looks like as of this morning 1/9/19, I have buyers for the two center vent assemblies. Still have the "seconds" bezels, plus center plenums, mounting stud sets, side vent adapters, felt strips, and balls. Just don't have any side bezels rechromed yet.

For sake of information on the center vent assemblies and bezels, I'm actually losing money on the prices I'm asking. But since they're seconds, I'm writing them off as the cost of doing business.

PM me for prices on the above mentioned items. The center vent bezels will be sold on a first come, first serve basis, and are priced between $52-$65 depending on defects. Shipping cost is determined by your full address at the post office.

-Mark

Date: January 09, 2019 10:01AM

Mark,
Do you rechrome the 2 lower vents?

Date: January 09, 2019 11:11AM

Dexter, I can get refinished anything plastic that's been chrome finished. Door arm rests, a/c bezels and balls, you name it. I have a $5 minimum stripping fee. And do be aware that any defect in the item will show up like a sore thumb.

BTW, what are the "lower vents"?

-Mark

Date: January 09, 2019 11:53AM

Mark, I was referring to the 2 round a/c outlets at the bottom corners of the dash

Date: January 09, 2019 03:43PM

Dexter, ok, now I understand. I use the common term "side vents". Never heard them referred to as "lower vents." This is why I talk up establishing common terminology, so that we can understand one another. Now that we both know the terminology both of us use, we can understand one another.

I have some parts collected towards a batch, so if you want to have something plastic chrome plated, I'd be glad to include it. If it needs stripping, I have a stripping fee of $5 per item. The sooner I get a load, the sooner I can get it done. Prices are dependent on size of the lot.

-Mark

Send it to:
Mark Corbin
5474 S.R. 19
Galion, Ohio 44833

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.