Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Performance Workshop?
Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: January 06, 2019 11:05AM

Anyone hear any word on a 2019 Performance Workshop?

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA
Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts / Corvair Minnesota / Corvanatics
61 Rampside, 65 4-door/140PG, 66 Monza Vert, 66 AutoX Car, Manx Vair Buggy, Rupp Chevy Jr.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Performance Workshop?
Posted by: oldqmguy ()
Date: January 06, 2019 12:08PM

I have not heard anything yet!

I hope we have one this year!

Dale cool smiley

Dale E. Smiley CPBE
Life Member The Society of Broadcast Engineers
RETIRED Broadcast Engineer
CERTIFIED CORVAIR NUT
CORSA/Circle City Corvairs/Corvair Performance Group
Avon, Indiana
WB9SFF
1967 4-Door Monza PG!

Date: January 06, 2019 07:34PM

I thought Tracey said it was going to happen...just don’t recall when.

Eric

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: January 06, 2019 08:20PM

I PM'd them...

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Mlevair ()
Date: January 07, 2019 05:09AM

Tracy is trying to put something together but she could sure use some help.

LeVair Performance & Restoration
Michael LeVeque
Fayetteville Tennesse
765-617-9307
Mlevair@sbcglobal.net

Date: January 08, 2019 05:36AM

Thanks Michael!

What kind of help is she looking for?

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: Revlane ()
Date: January 08, 2019 08:44AM

Hi,

I'm new here but would love to help if I can.

Where would the workshop be held?

Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: January 08, 2019 12:01PM

The primary need, besides the location, is the need for relevant presentations. Meaning people to present to the group on a subject that will make a difference to the attendees. I presented a few times over the years.(and co-hosted a couple of times) Because I also have products to sell, I have to walk a thin line between a data presentation - and a sales pitch. Some of the best times were when a few "old" racers sat up in front and took questions from the group of attendees. Perhaps prospective attendees could be polled to find out what areas they would like to be covered at the get together. One of the issues that always pops up is the difference between "street Performance" and "real racing". Although the racing tech stuff may be very interesting, in may not best serve the attendees needs, since many, if not most, might only see a race track once a year - if that.

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Posted by: chris ()
Date: January 08, 2019 08:12PM

Just thinking out loud here, but what about Ted Brown showing his new fuel injection? Also, Dave Binnie or Steve Goodman with his car/ideas? Tom Knoblauch, Michael himself or other “head” guys showing some of the cool stuff they do!? Ken Hand discussing his multi-plate clutch? I, for one, would be interested in a lot of these topics!

'65 Monza 4 door
4 speed
110hp
Gardner, KS

Heart of America Corvair Owners Association

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: January 09, 2019 03:41AM

The performance workshop is a super secret, clandestine meeting held by invitation only to a list of people known only to the organizers. angry smiley At least that's my conspiracy theory, as they never announce or even advertise its existence until it's way past history. Us poor peons never hear about it, except for "several months ago, we held the performance workshop...." etc. Aarrrgh! angry smileyangry smiley

Just wish they'd be more open about it, instead of keeping it so top secret. Maybe I or others would like to attend. You think?

-Mark

Posted by: vairmech ()
Date: January 09, 2019 04:24AM

I agree with Seth that when you do a presentation it is hard to not make it a sales pitch when you are talking about a product you service. But I would be happy to do this. I could also do a presentation about lifters, everyone seems to have their favorite. And lastly I think a panel up front for a question and answer time might a good thing again.

The date has never been a secret as it is published in a couple of places here being one of them and then on the FB racer page.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Date: January 09, 2019 05:25AM

Not enough publicity, Ken, like a mention in the CC?

And why would I want to visit Facebook? I tried getting on there once, and got bombed, no, NUKED with over a hundred spam emails in just a matter of less than a couple of hours! eye popping smiley How in the sam-hill do people tolerate such insanity???? YIKES!

Ok, so there's some special, super-secret trick that NObody tells you about that you have to do in order to keep that from happening. Or at least there must be. But after that experience, you can see why I stay away from that evil Facebook monstrosity like the plague. High-tech crap indeed!angry smiley

-Mark

Date: January 09, 2019 05:46AM

> The date has never been a secret as it is
> published in a couple of places here being one of
> them and then on the FB racer page.

I missed it in both places smiling smiley

I'm finally actually regularly competing in SCCA AutoX. I'm interested in hearing about taking your car from a street car, to the next level -obviously lots of info here, but nothing beats talking to people face to face.

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: EM-racer ()
Date: January 09, 2019 09:32AM

About facebook corvair sites,they have good up to date info just like this forum, but if you enter with an attitude expect to get some flack !!!
Gene Barr
Eustis fl.

Date: January 09, 2019 10:10AM

Revlane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Where would the workshop be held?
================================================

For years it has been held in Indy.... great location for people east of the Mississippi.

The LeVeques had spearheaded it... but they've moved to Tenn.

So...

Need a facility large enough for 50 people and 20 cars... easy to drive / Fly to.

Need people to give Tech sessions.... hopefully on the "LATEST" advances in improving the Corvair.... mainly on the Track... and then applicable to those on the street.

A Tall order that Tracy , Michael and others have been able to assemble yearly...

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: January 09, 2019 10:28AM

Tracy and I just moved and we really dont have the time to do any of it but we are looking at some spots to host it as my shop isnt done yet.
Mark as far as chastising us quit complaining and try to help spread the word as its always within a week or two of the same time every year. If some one wants to totaly take over that would be fine with us. Im not even part of it but I just paid up the dues out of my own pocket.

Tracy really needs help with the agenda , finding activities to do the day before and facility to host it, places to eat and cater lunch.
This does not have to be in my back yard but it will be if I organize it. This is a volunteer group please volunteer!
There is no bank account so we always have to front everything and hope we make enough to recoup out investment.
Tracy can be reached at Libgan2004@yahoo.com

LeVair Performance & Restoration
Michael LeVeque
Fayetteville Tennesse
765-617-9307
Mlevair@sbcglobal.net

Date: January 09, 2019 11:06AM

Michael, sorry for giving you a hard time about it, but it has always been an event that, to me anyways, seems to have been held without any notice to the Corvair community in general, but only to the select group of racers and V8 guys. I may not fall into either category, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in possibly attending, just to see what I could learn.

It's that lack of information about its existence among the common Corvair community, through the Corsa Communique, that irritates me. Seems to me that you could increase your attendance if you didn't limit the announcements of when, where, etc.

I was just trying to throw some low-grade humor at that shortcoming. But please take the point to heart and advertise the event to the rest of the Corvair community a little better.

-Mark

Date: January 09, 2019 01:19PM

19 mentions of the DATE over the last 11 years- click here

Date: January 09, 2019 06:06PM

*******THIS IS TRACY LEVEQUE POSTING!!!!********

Mark, I am very sorry that you feel this way about the Workshop. I have tried my hardest to post as many places possible every year including this site that I am never on. The Workshop has been on the same weekend (first weekend in March) for MANY years. May I suggest that you mark your calendar a few months early, so that you may begin to ask what the plans are or how you could help; suggestions for site, topics, hotel, food etc. rather than getting angry because you werent aware in time. I work full time and have moved over the past year and have fallen behind on my duties as PCG President. I suggested last year that someone with more time take it over for this year. No one came forward. This is a volunteer position which means EVERYONE is responsible in some manner or another to keep it alive. As for a secret handshake..............only Michael knows my secret handshake (wink wink)

Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: January 09, 2019 06:12PM

Would it work having it the day before one of the bigger shows? Could also rotate around to different parts of the country. Might be easier that way, just suggesting an idea.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.