Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Disc brakes
Posted by: Ron62 ()
Date: January 08, 2019 04:18AM

Seth, you make very good points and I completely understand the issues. I also take pride in doing lots of my own mods on cars but when it comes to braking systems I like to install tested units that have been designed to work in the car.
Increased cost on the Venders end is understood within reason. However if kits require you to get parts machined and do lots of guess work to install them then they shouldn't be charging the prices they do. Just my opinion on this.

All that being said, I have been reading dozens of posts here on what to use for disk brakes. Everything from S10 to Cadillac. So it stands confusing to me as no has posted any real completed project end to end with test data. At least not that I have found. In you experience with this cars and products, do you have any suggestions on what seems to be the easiest most cost effective root for a front brake conversion on a 67 with duel master?

I wont hold you to it. Just looking for some clarity on this part of the project.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: January 08, 2019 05:41PM

With my front discs I was sold a kit that contained the parts that are hard to get with a parts list for the rest. Tony sold me a plate that he developed that holds a standard caliper and uses discs that are shelf items at FLAPS everywhere. So these parts are factory tested and proved, the bracket is only attaching them to the car. I originally planned to install a dual master but I like the performance of the stock MC so much I'm keeping it. The hub has to have a small amount of material removed so that the disc will slide over it, wasn't much.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Posted by: Ron62 ()
Date: January 09, 2019 10:01AM

What kit did you use? sounds like a possibility.

Posted by: Mlevair ()
Date: January 09, 2019 10:08AM

Buy my kit and you can get all that info.

LeVair Performance & Restoration
Michael LeVeque
Fayetteville Tennesse
765-617-9307
Mlevair@sbcglobal.net

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.