Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Convert Bench seat to buckets on 67 500
Posted by: Ron62 ()
Date: December 06, 2018 08:27AM

I would like to swap the bench seat to buckets on my 67 500 coupe. Not sure what is need to make this happen as far as mounting hardware is concerned. If someone has done this and could chime in that would be great.

- Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Convert Bench seat to buckets on 67 500
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: December 06, 2018 08:28AM

Look for the bolt holes in the middle of the floor... after that just a bolt in.

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: kenvair ()
Date: December 06, 2018 09:03AM

Ron, this is the metal structure in the floor of a Monza to attach the rear inner seat tracks to. I drilled out spot welds and this piece can be welded to your floorpan. I will ship to you for $40.00 plus shipping costs. Paypal works for me, Ken Arnold

Attachments:

Date: December 06, 2018 09:40AM

I guess im a little confused on where this would go.

Date: December 06, 2018 09:42AM

Does anyone have a picture of the floor without the seats in so I can get a visual reference as to where the holes are located. ?

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: December 06, 2018 09:48AM

As Kenvair shows above - the buckets don't just bolt in when the bench is removed - there is this additional brace to locate the inner seat tracks on both seats.

Date: December 06, 2018 09:53AM

Ok. I get it. So I would need a set of what Kenvair shows above. Once for Drivers and one for Passengers side of the car. I have not looked yet but assumed the mounting holes would be there.

Date: December 06, 2018 11:16AM

I found a picture of a floor without the seats installed. I now see where the part the Kenvair shows. However what about the outside rear holes? Are they already there or would I have to create them at proper height.

Posted by: kenvair ()
Date: December 06, 2018 11:37AM

Ron, the outside holes are already there where the bench bolted in. I also have good seat tracks if you need them.BTW you only need my 1 piece of floor structure for your installation. This structure not only provides attachment for the inside tracks but levels up the floor for the seat tracks. Ken

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.