Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
parts needed '63 EM
Posted by: roger65180 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 05:17AM

hi I recently picked up a 63 700 cp that was driven into the garage in 1987 it was then disassembled, mostly trim and head lights tail lights for a garage paint job. unfortunately the guy passed away and there it sat. I got it running working on the brakes now. missing the beltline trim and all the tail lights only have 4 backup lenses. driver quality is what I want

needpart

Roger R
Madison Wi
62 ct pg turbo
65intercooled 180 4sp,autocrosser
62 Rampy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2018 07:58AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: parts needed
Posted by: rick4130 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 05:31AM

I had good luck with Clark’s and Corvair Ranch for Used trim like that...this was 10 years ago but they are still your best option.

Rick MacDonald
'63 700 Sedan

rick4130@yahoo.com

Re: parts needed '63 EM
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: November 30, 2018 01:43PM

Back this past summer while Jeff at the Corvair Ranch was preparing for his "Open House", I pitched in and helped him by sorting through a few piles of exterior trim pieces.
I was able to identify most of the pieces but there were a few that I did not recognize. When I asked Jeff if they were for a Corvair, because I wasn't sure.
He responded by telling me they were from a 700 model and difficult to find in good condition. I don't remember which year the were for, but they were for an early model.
Give Jeff a call, he probably has some driver quality or better pieces on hand.

Note:
Just to give you an idea how many parts cars he has on site, these photo's were taken back in 2016 and I can assure you, they are still there.

I was standing in the same spot at the back of the lot for the first and second photo's. The first was cars to my left, and the second, cars to my right. Notice the Blue '64 Convertible is in both photo's.
The photo with the wagons, was up toward the front of the lot.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2018 01:49PM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:

Posted by: alan_smithee ()
Date: November 30, 2018 05:46PM

*swooning* at those pics

Posted by: veverlove ()
Date: December 01, 2018 06:48AM

If you're still in need of the beltline trim, I have a complete set of 700 trim, excluding rear deck lid straight piece. I may also have tail light lenses, will check today.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.