Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
New member and new Corvair owner!
Posted by: 63RustMonza ()
Date: November 08, 2018 07:03AM

Hello everyone! I am a recent owner of a '63 Monza Coupe. I joined here to find some body parts, and trim I need for it's restoration. I am also eager to be a sponge absorbing tips and knowledge about these unique vehicles. I have already bought all the manuals and catalogs I can find, joined the CORSA club, and even bought and read UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED! I plan on laying it in the seat when I later show the car. My car needs front floor pans, small body patches here and there to fix rust holes, but supposedly has a rebuilt engine (in the 80's) and runs good. It's an unmolested original at least, that still wears it's factory Tuxedo Black, with a red interior, and padded dash. It's an automatic car, and will get a ground up restoration. So if anyone knows of a rust free trunk lid, within driving distance of Fremont, NE. let me know. I am also looking for the stainless trim on the driver's door window surround (mine is bent up).

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New member and new Corvair owner!
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: November 08, 2018 07:11AM

WELCOME!!!

Posted by: Nickshu ()
Date: November 08, 2018 07:12AM

Shade's classic cars is in Nebraska and may be of assistance to you.

Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Recreational Mechanic/CORSA Member/COG Supporting Member/US Navy Veteran
Other fun car: Porsche 911 GT3
Boring daily drivers
Northern Colorado, USA

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 08, 2018 07:28AM

WELCOME! 63 was a very cool year and your original car shows nicely. It is a time capsule. You are
smart joining the clubs as well as this group and doing your research. The only thing on a 63 that may be questionable is that was the only year that came equipped with a 3 plate oil cooler which was found to be totally inadequate.
Again, welcome! Ask lots of questions and take pictures as you bring it closer to its former glory.
There is a guy in Muncy Indiana with a lot of Corvairs that may have stuff available- Mike McKeel.
Also as Nick pointed out, Chris Shade is a good source and he is in Hastings.

Posted by: 63RustMonza ()
Date: November 08, 2018 07:32AM

I have talked to Chris Shade many times, and he refuses to call me back, isn't sure what he has, and doesn't send photos of what he finds when he promises! I don't know if this is normal for him, or he just doesn't care for MY business?

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 08, 2018 08:02AM

I know Chris and like him but I also know he is a very busy guy. Between his church, running a couple of businesses,
being married with 7 children, etc. he is with a lot on his plate. If you are close to him I would suggest just driving to his place of business. I also suggest using many of the vendors as 1 vendor cannot be everything. I know I use a number of our vendors and others on here do also. Club members are sometimes the best source we have.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 08, 2018 08:05AM

Welcome to the CCF! Looks like your best sources will be in Des Moines, IA area... lots parts there! We have several members from the area..

Start a new Topic.... WTB: '63 Monza Hood.

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: masvair ()
Date: November 09, 2018 04:26AM

I have a decent rear engine hood, PM me pick it up no $ needed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.