Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: More sign of the times sad news?
Posted by: vairchet ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:34AM

Since I do not profess to be a race car driver or even a novice and the fact our Corvairs are not set up for racing events, I'd rather watch than participate.

Chet in Ramona

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gregb ()
Date: November 03, 2018 10:43AM

The only reason I don't is I don't have trailer and we are so far north that most every event is at least 1000 miles away. We drive to every Corvair event we have attended so far and can't risk breaking the car.

Gregb

Alberta Canada
61 Canadian Lakewood
62 Spyder Triple Black Convertible
65 Corsa Coupe

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: November 03, 2018 11:24AM

[corvaircenter.com]

Sorry Craig, just hijacked your thread to make my point. I used run auto X, hill climbs, drag races and limited track events. Often times this would lead to more work on the car. Now I getting older and spending time under the car is no longer fun, its mostly painful. My car is old and I spent a ton of time and money to make it a nice cruzer. Do I drive it aggressively at times YES. Even Auto X puts stresses on things that you mainly wouldn't do on the road. They used to have events all over the place in parking lots and such. The insurance companies and city noise violations have all but stopped this form of fun. If you do a burnout at a cruise night around here you are pretty much invited not to return. Do I still bang around on my 500 dirter, no, do I still ride my street bike, yes . That my 2 cents worth of excuses.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: November 03, 2018 04:41PM

I see very few people autocrossing Corvairs that are under 50, most are well over. I see Corvair events slowing and will be thinning more and more as years go by. I've given thought to upgrading the performance of my 66 in preparation of doing more events as I move into retirement but as I see the future unfolding I think I'll either run a Vette or maybe something else that is easier to do performance mods on, Vairs seem to be difficult to me to race compared to water pumpers.
George I won't be able to come in the spring, I already have a conflict, maybe the fall next year, will have to see.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Posted by: EM-racer ()
Date: November 05, 2018 09:53AM

The Helen Ga. event is the same time we planned for in late April, SOOO we will keep looking ( we don't mess with Helen as they are great !!! )
Gene

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.